• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New 117 nanitic Nest concept - Product Release!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Offline T.C. - Posted January 2 2017 - 7:14 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

would be cool if you made a small base or case that allowed a series of these to clip into or hold. Like one that can hold 3 at a time or one that can hold 5. 

Just a thought.

hmmm... Do you mean so that they are like, stackable? Because that would be cool.

• ctantkeeper likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#22 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 2 2017 - 9:14 PM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

would be cool if you made a small base or case that allowed a series of these to clip into or hold. Like one that can hold 3 at a time or one that can hold 5. 

Just a thought.

hmmm... Do you mean so that they are like, stackable? Because that would be cool.

I think i know what he means. I got a great idea for that.

#23 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 4 2017 - 12:47 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
Great setup. When will they be available?

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#24 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 4 2017 - 12:50 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
How many ants can it house?

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#25 Offline Serafine - Posted January 4 2017 - 3:48 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

That depends on the species. Probably not more than one Camponotus, if at all.

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#26 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 4 2017 - 5:42 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Sorry for the delay. I have been working on them and I'm still working out some kinks.

That depends on the species. Probably not more than one Camponotus, if at all.

TBH, i think it could house a small c.pennsylvanicus colony of up to 6-8 workers. But this is the nanitic nest, made for first stages queens. Most species should be able hold their first 20 workers comfortably. Would also make a great satellite nest on a pre-existing setup.

Edited by Loops117, January 4 2017 - 5:44 AM.

• Martialis likes this

#27 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 4 2017 - 11:01 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Oh ok

Maybe you can connect two chambers to eachother via testube.

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#28 Offline Serafine - Posted January 4 2017 - 11:19 AM

Serafine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationGermany

If you have tri and quad connectors you could make a whole setup out of these things. There are certainly ants which would appreciate this (Ghost ants, Thief ants).

• Martialis likes this

We should respect all forms of consciousness. The body is just a vessel, a mere hull.

Welcome to Lazy Tube - My Camponotus Journal

#29 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 4 2017 - 11:46 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

If you have tri and quad connectors you could make a whole setup out of these things. There are certainly ants which would appreciate this (Ghost ants, Thief ants).

I could use my outworld interposer idea for the intermediate connections between nesting sites. Have a like 6-8 connection spots with caps. 

#30 Offline antgenius123 - Posted January 4 2017 - 12:03 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

I could use my outworld interposer idea for the intermediate connections between nesting sites. Have a like 6-8 connection spots with caps. 

Its probably a good idea if someone wants to expand their colony's space from a chamber they have already

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#31 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 5 2017 - 6:37 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Been working on my first batch and then some. Just bought a 2nd work horse so i can have a higher output.

These will be sold exclusively on here (Formiculture.com). Going to start taking payments this weekend.

Expect a new callow nest as well!

ee7fc3e9-db6d-45f1-4ed3-cda53eaadd5b.png

• ctantkeeper likes this

#32 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted January 5 2017 - 9:51 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

What is that larger one with the winding chambers in the photo??? will that be for sale? if so, can we get more photos?

#33 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 5 2017 - 9:58 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

What is that larger one with the winding chambers in the photo??? will that be for sale? if so, can we get more photos?

That is the new callow nest I'm working on. Has a different style hydration reservoir and 2 chambers instead of one.

• ctantkeeper likes this

#34 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted January 5 2017 - 7:10 PM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

That is the new callow nest I'm working on. Has a different style hydration reservoir and 2 chambers instead of one.

It looks very promising!!! I am assuming that it will be released approximately at the same time and will cost slightly more if not the same as your nanitic nests. if I am wrong in my assumptions, please correct me and let us know more about it, it looks awesome btw.

#35 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 6 2017 - 5:54 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

It will be 

It looks very promising!!! I am assuming that it will be released approximately at the same time and will cost slightly more if not the same as your nanitic nests. if I am wrong in my assumptions, please correct me and let us know more about it, it looks awesome btw.

It will cost more, and i'll have a prototype release thread once the nanitic comes out. Which btw, i've been making great head way. I have 6 almost completely built and sorry for the delay. Balancing work, family, and 117 Colonies has been a bit hectic the last few weeks.

• ctantkeeper likes this

#36 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted January 7 2017 - 10:16 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

It will be 

It will cost more, and i'll have a prototype release thread once the nanitic comes out. Which btw, i've been making great head way. I have 6 almost completely built and sorry for the delay. Balancing work, family, and 117 Colonies has been a bit hectic the last few weeks.

ok, I am pretty much ready to purchase today if you have everything all set up. just tell me the prices for each of nest variants and give me some method of purchasing if you feel like their ready.

#37 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted January 7 2017 - 10:21 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

It will be 

ok, I am pretty much ready to purchase today if you have everything all set up. just tell me the prices for each of nest variants and give me some method of purchasing if you feel like their ready.

Btw, I can't paypal right now, but any other method of payment is fine. will you accept visa gift cards (that would be a "best case scenario")???

#38 Offline Canadian anter - Posted January 7 2017 - 10:54 AM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Make a tiny outworld for them! maybe a cylinder on top.

Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#39 Offline Loops117 - Posted January 7 2017 - 11:03 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts

We will figure out some way of payment for you. As for the items themselves, they will be ready tomorrow. You can either purchase tmrw night or monday.

#40 Offline Alabama Anter - Posted January 7 2017 - 11:09 AM

Alabama Anter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationBoulder, Colorado
Hmmm I think I'll buy!

YJK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users