• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Minnesota Newbie

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline SinclairPrime - Posted September 18 2016 - 4:29 PM

SinclairPrime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello, looks like a very helpful community here.  I'v been looking to get into ant keeping for awhile and this looks like a great resource.  Looking forward to learning new stuff again.

#2 Offline Reacker - Posted September 18 2016 - 4:31 PM

Reacker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFree State of Greater Potatonia

Welcome aboard!

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted September 18 2016 - 5:27 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Welcome. :)

#4 Offline SinclairPrime - Posted September 19 2016 - 6:18 PM

SinclairPrime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Nice, just caught my first queen.  Still has its wings and one looks damaged so maybe it never flew.  I caught it late in the day so I'm holding out hope she was fertilized.  From what I can tell she is a myrmica or formica of some kind?  I gave her a wet cotton ball for now and she seams to be fine with the current set up.  Will move into a test tube tomorrow when I acquire them.  Best pics I could take for now.

8CYRoq.jpg

o50uYv.jpg

Edited by SinclairPrime, September 19 2016 - 7:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users