• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Pogonomyrmex. Occ. - CO - 12/8/16 DISCONTINUED

sgheaton pogonomyrmex occidentalis colorado

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Offline sgheaton - Posted November 7 2016 - 1:40 PM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

11/6/16 - Hibernation of 2016

---------------------------------------

My poor pogonomyrmex queen... if only Zero would have offered to have brood boosted with you...

I didn't do a single correct thing with the Pogonomyrmex this year. She's a trooper...

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#22 Offline Kevin - Posted November 7 2016 - 2:12 PM

Kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Haha, I like the farm in the background ;)

But seriously Sg, get a real Christmas Tree.

• sgheaton likes this

Hit "Like This" if it helped.

#23 Offline sgheaton - Posted November 8 2016 - 7:39 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Jokes on you sucker, I've got 4 Christmas trees, and I will put them all up!!!!!!

Go to a garage sale and say you only want to buy the one tree...then the others come apart of the package! I might do a real tree this year...I keep telling myself I should do one sometime. Never have had one before so first time for everything!!

...that's the dirty corner of my basement... Turn slightly to the left and a pinball machine/bumper pool/ projector screen would come into view.

• T.C. likes this

"I'm the search bar! Type questions into me and I'll search within the forums for an answer!"

#24 Offline T.C. - Posted November 8 2016 - 9:13 AM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Haha, other than real trees smell good, they make a mess, and you have to buy a new one every year... I would stick with the fake! lol

" Whatever You Are, Be a Good One "

#25 Offline XZero38 - Posted November 8 2016 - 10:38 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

11/6/16 - Hibernation of 2016

---------------------------------------

My poor pogonomyrmex queen... if only Zero would have offered to have brood boosted with you...

I didn't do a single correct thing with the Pogonomyrmex this year. She's a trooper...

I offered quite a few times, haha

#26 Offline sgheaton - Posted December 8 2016 - 6:22 AM

sgheaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

12/8/16 ---- DEAD

-------------------------

Cleaning the cats poop box, checked in on the ants. The Pogonomyrmex queen was found all rigid and dead like on the top of the farm. Tet queen is crushing it though that's in the other journal. 

Ya' done good, tater. ..nah you actually didn't do anything. Ya' lived, tater. Ya' tried. 

And I will try next year. NOW I can actually assemble a Pogonomyrmex tank correctly, regardless of adult beverages!

#27 Offline XZero38 - Posted December 8 2016 - 6:30 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

Tis a sad day indeed. :(

Ill have to check on my colonies again to make sure they are still doing alright, possibly feed them something.

#28 Offline CallMeCraven - Posted December 8 2016 - 8:12 AM

CallMeCraven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationElko, NV

Now I want to go home and give my queen a drop of honey water for being a good girl...

Current Colony:

4x Camponotus (hyatti?)

Harmony with land is like harmony with a friend; you cannot cherish his right hand and chop off his left.

-Aldo Leopold

#29 Offline Loops117 - Posted December 8 2016 - 8:45 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Yer making me nervous.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sgheaton, pogonomyrmex occidentalis, colorado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users