• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Greetings from Denver, CO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline XZero38 - Posted June 28 2016 - 7:57 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

Getting back into the ant keeping hobby. I had a harvester ant colony when i lived in Nevada, but it was just workers and no queen. I decided to do a bit of research on ants and how to get queens and I found out that it is extremely easy to find and start a new colony. I hope to learn some new things here on this forum.

Edited by XZero38, June 28 2016 - 7:57 AM.

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 28 2016 - 6:08 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Welcome. :)

#3 Offline PTAntFan - Posted June 28 2016 - 7:59 PM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

Welcome, I was just in Vail for a wedding.  OH MAN WAS I JEALOUS!  you've got some interesting and large species up there, you should have a great time.

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#4 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted June 28 2016 - 9:20 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Welcome! :D

#5 Offline DustyDoes - Posted June 28 2016 - 9:41 PM

DustyDoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationVan Nuys, CA

Yay, Denver! I was born there, and will actually be driving there from Los Angeles on Friday to visit for a week. There's a lot to learn on the forum. I'm new here, too, and I've already learned a ton! Have fun :-D

#6 Offline XZero38 - Posted July 8 2016 - 6:03 AM

XZero38

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationHenderson, CO

Welcome, I was just in Vail for a wedding.  OH MAN WAS I JEALOUS!  you've got some interesting and large species up there, you should have a great time.

Just have to find them is the hard part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users