• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

New Here from Southern California

hakuna matata

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline kitkat39 - Posted June 26 2016 - 7:46 PM

kitkat39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi everybody!  I am new here and from the Southern California area.  I've always been into ants since looking at them in books since I was in grade school, but I never knew that there was such a big hobby around them.  As a kid, I really enjoyed looking at the harvester ants in my yard.  For some reason, I hated the Argentine ants because they'd always massacre the friendly Harvester ants and wipe them out.  I probably also hated them because I'd get invaded by them every summer. To be honest, I didn't even know there were that many different varieties of ants that lived here in California until they were pointed out to me while I was out hiking.  Looking to get my feet wet with my favorite childhood ant first then move on from there.  Other than ants, I've dabbed with lots of other animals.  Mainly crested geckos and mantis.  I also have a love for orthoptera.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and also learning more here.  *thumbs up*

#2 Offline Kingjay - Posted June 26 2016 - 8:06 PM

Kingjay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCharlotte,nc
Welcome to the forum I hope you have a great experience and learn a lot of new things. :)
  • kitkat39 likes this

#3 Offline LC3 - Posted June 26 2016 - 9:00 PM

LC3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Ay, Welcome to the Forum!

• kitkat39 likes this

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 26 2016 - 9:16 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Welcome. :)

• kitkat39 likes this

#5 Offline 123LordOfAnts123 - Posted June 27 2016 - 3:10 AM

123LordOfAnts123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida
Welcome to the forum and nice to see you over here, I've been subscribed to your YouTube for quite a while. :)
  • kitkat39 likes this

#6 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted June 28 2016 - 1:46 PM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Welcome. :)

• kitkat39 likes this

#7 Offline kitkat39 - Posted June 30 2016 - 2:55 PM

kitkat39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Welcome to the forum and nice to see you over here, I've been subscribed to your YouTube for quite a while. :)

Hahaha!  Thanks a lot!  It's like starting all over again! =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users