• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Introducing Oregonants

oregon antshop

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Temno - Posted April 4 2024 - 9:57 PM

Temno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

Hey I'm owner of oregonants

In late 2023, while searching for local ant shops in Oregon, I was surprised to find absolutely nothing—no dedicated stores catering to ant enthusiasts whatsoever in oregon. This discovery left me intrigued and inspired. Recognizing that there were no active ant shops in oregon and fueled by my own passion for these fascinating insects, I saw an opportunity. Thus, the idea for our small online ant-keeping store was born. With determination and a clear vision, I embarked on the journey to establish a business that not only provided essential supplies but also fostered a sense of community among fellow ant enthusiasts. Today, we proudly serve as Oregon's first destination for all things ant-related, offering a wide range of supplies and resources to support hobbyists in their endeavors.

https://www.oregonants.com/

Oregons First Antkeeping site

Edited by Temno, April 5 2024 - 7:08 AM.

#2 Offline Hackeysacker - Posted April 6 2024 - 2:32 AM

Hackeysacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This is awesome! I was telling my wife little brother about ants today. Maybe one day he will want to get a colony. I couldn't find anything in Oregon for ants with the exception of one other website, but want more than I can afford for a colony.
  • TacticalHandleGaming and Temno like this

#3 Offline futurebird - Posted April 6 2024 - 4:42 AM

futurebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

I'll mention it over on mastodon. There are a lot of people who enjoy talking about ants there:

https://sauropods.wi...224327550831588

• Temno likes this

Starting this July I'm posting videos of my ants every week on youTube.

I like to make relaxing videos that capture the joy of watching ants.

If that sounds like your kind of thing... follow me >here<

#4 Offline Temno - Posted April 6 2024 - 7:40 AM

Temno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

Thanks! Hopefully i get my permits approved

#5 Offline Temno - Posted April 6 2024 - 7:49 AM

Temno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

@futurebird If you know anyone that would be willing to supply us ants for a price? In oregon.

#6 Offline Hackeysacker - Posted April 7 2024 - 11:32 AM

Hackeysacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
This is awesome! I was telling my wife little brother about ants today. Maybe one day he will want to get a colony. I couldn't find anything in Oregon for ants with the exception of one other website, but want more than I can afford for a colony. I have wanted to start an ant colony since I was 10. Excited to start.

#7 Offline Temno - Posted April 7 2024 - 8:13 PM

Temno

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationOregon

This is awesome! I was telling my wife little brother about ants today. Maybe one day he will want to get a colony. I couldn't find anything in Oregon for ants with the exception of one other website, but want more than I can afford for a colony. I have wanted to start an ant colony since I was 10. Excited to start.

Can I ask which website?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oregon, antshop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users