• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

JesseTheAntKid's Tetramorium bicarinatum journal

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#81 Offline AsdinAnts - Posted February 5 2024 - 3:09 PM

AsdinAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSanta Clarita, SoCal
alr, what types of feeders do you have?
Currently keeping
-A. occidentalis
-B. patagonicus
-F. neogagates
-M. invidia
-Stennama spec..
I will want to also keep some lasius in the future.

#82 Offline JesseTheAntKid - Posted February 5 2024 - 6:26 PM

JesseTheAntKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

i will no longer be posting on formiculture. As of 2/5/24, i was forced to kill my ant queens and throw away my ant things by my grandmother. Goodbye.

I might come back, who knows.

• AsdinAnts likes this

Currently keeping: Pheidole obscurithorax (FINALLY I CAN STUDY THEM AND HAVE THEIR COOL MAJORS  B)), Tetramorium bicarinatum, Solenopsis spp. (probably xyloni, the queens are tiny hehe)

Wanting: Atta texana, Camponotus planatus (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH ATTA)

Previously kept: Monomorium minimum, Pheidole dentata

"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" -Me

"AAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Even more me

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Me personified

#83 Offline rptraut - Posted February 5 2024 - 11:41 PM

rptraut

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Hello JesseTheAntKid;

I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that you have to endure such tragedy.   I know it's hard to be optimistic at a time like this but take heart in the fact that someday you'll be able to keep ants in a place of your own.   That day will come sooner than you think so start planning for it now.   Look forward to the day you become JesseTheAntMan!   Formiculture will still be here!

RPT

My father always said I had ants in my pants.

#84 Offline AsdinAnts - Posted February 6 2024 - 3:16 PM

AsdinAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSanta Clarita, SoCal
Farewell Jesse, for now. 🫡
Currently keeping
-A. occidentalis
-B. patagonicus
-F. neogagates
-M. invidia
-Stennama spec..
I will want to also keep some lasius in the future.

#85 Offline JesseTheAntKid - Posted February 6 2024 - 5:10 PM

JesseTheAntKid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationHouston TX

I am back. Grandma regretted her decision. I still cannot recollect what i have lost, however, i will attempt to restart. See you in my obscurithorax journal. Hopefully nothing like this happens again, although it probably will. next time i will hide them.

I am still not happy because of what she did. She has a history of things like these, but i will not let her do such a thing next time.

Currently keeping: Pheidole obscurithorax (FINALLY I CAN STUDY THEM AND HAVE THEIR COOL MAJORS  B)), Tetramorium bicarinatum, Solenopsis spp. (probably xyloni, the queens are tiny hehe)

Wanting: Atta texana, Camponotus planatus (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH ATTA)

Previously kept: Monomorium minimum, Pheidole dentata

"ATTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!" -Me

"AAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -Even more me

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Me personified

#86 Offline The_Gaming-gate - Posted March 13 2024 - 12:37 AM

The_Gaming-gate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida. USA.

I am back. Grandma regretted her decision. I still cannot recollect what i have lost, however, i will attempt to restart. See you in my obscurithorax journal. Hopefully nothing like this happens again, although it probably will. next time i will hide them.

I am still not happy because of what she did. She has a history of things like these, but i will not let her do such a thing next time.

That’s great, hopefully you find more queens!

I have the same formicarium, you can actually take the nest portion apart to be left with one tiny nest.

Ants are small creatures... but together... they can rule the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users