• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

I am sorry.

sorry

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Offline antsriondel - Posted June 24 2023 - 2:16 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationRiondel British Columbia Canada.

I am here to say say that I am sorry. Sorry for any harm I have caused by saying things I should not have. I ask for the forgiveness of all those people I have negatively effected. I want to be someone who helps others, especially beginners. I hope to earn your forgiveness. From now on I will be helpful and encouraging, and I want to be an ant keeper who helps the community. I want to thank those who helped along the way to me becoming an Ant keeper.

• Serafine likes this

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted June 24 2023 - 3:11 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
???

You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong, i have no idea what you are talking about. Literally never seen you say anything rude or start any drama.

You’re probably one of the most behaved members on this forum if I’m being honest.

Edited by Manitobant, June 24 2023 - 3:13 PM.

• antsriondel likes this

#3 Offline antsriondel - Posted June 24 2023 - 4:18 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

???

You’ve done absolutely nothing wrong, i have no idea what you are talking about. Literally never seen you say anything rude or start any drama.

You’re probably one of the most behaved members on this forum if I’m being honest.

I am talking about any harm I may have caused to new beginners like Bugging3out, idontexist and maybe others. I just want to be known as a great Ant keeper who is kind and encouraging to new beginners.

#4 Offline Virginian_ants - Posted June 24 2023 - 4:28 PM

Virginian_ants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA
It's okay we all make mistakes.
  • antsriondel likes this

#5 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 24 2023 - 5:01 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,411 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Ego te absolvo. On behalf of the moderating team, you’re fully forgiven. Keep being a solid member and keep your head up.
  • Serafine, antsriondel, bmb1bee and 1 other like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#6 Offline antsriondel - Posted June 24 2023 - 6:07 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Ego te absolvo. On behalf of the moderating team, you’re fully forgiven. Keep being a solid member and keep your head up.

Thank you.  :)

#7 Offline bmb1bee - Posted June 24 2023 - 6:15 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

This is... one of the most wholesome threads I've seen on Formiculture so far...  :*(

• antsriondel and AntsCali098 like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#8 Offline ZTYguy - Posted June 24 2023 - 8:40 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Hey we all screw up sometimes. I can also say that I am not always polite but you learn from mistakes and try and move on. It’s a forum for learning so  we grow and learn from our mistakes. Also I’m just going to say that I have not seen anything said from you that was either rude or uncalled for, and I will also say that some manners of force are needed to get a point across. Also we live in a world where everyone can never agree on something so you are bound to end up in tussles or bouts.

• ANTdrew and antsriondel like this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#9 Offline AntsTopia - Posted July 25 2023 - 2:45 PM

AntsTopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY and Managua, Nicaragua

Who is idontext? And you mean the illegal person who was obsessed with bringing invasive ants S. geminata, S. invicta, P. megacephala, Paratrechina Longicornis into other states. Not in the wrong Antsriondel. not in the wrong. But all the means you are forgiven by everybody. 

• antsriondel likes this

Keeper of:

Atta Mexicana x 1

Messor Barbarus x 1

Ants are just better.

#10 Offline AntObserver - Posted July 25 2023 - 8:05 PM

AntObserver

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Yeah especially online there are so many immature toxic people who just live to talk to talk and not have points. Everyone disagrees but the important part is to move on and not dwell on petty pointless things. Try and express your opinion but ultimately someone will disagree so don’t dwell on it, just do you! Happy anting 💚💚🐜🐜🍻
  • antsriondel likes this

#11 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 26 2023 - 4:28 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Don't be. In the short time of around 3-4 years or so I've been using this forum, all posts you have made that I have seen are perfectly fine. The people you were "treating rudely" deserved it in my opinion, to say the least. They were all pretty stubborn.

Edited by ANTS_KL, July 26 2023 - 4:28 AM.

• antsriondel and AntsTopia like this
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#12 Offline AntsTopia - Posted July 26 2023 - 3:37 PM

AntsTopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Don't be. In the short time of around 3-4 years or so I've been using this forum, all posts you have made that I have seen are perfectly fine. The people you were "treating rudely" deserved it in my opinion, to say the least. They were all pretty stubborn.

Why is bugging3out in your friends list?

Keeper of:

Atta Mexicana x 1

Messor Barbarus x 1

Ants are just better.

#13 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 26 2023 - 3:42 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

He sent me a friend request a while after he stopped being a stubborn know-it-all. At some point before he left the forum, he was actually a pretty nice dude, excluding the transport of invasive species obviously.

Sent from my CPH2201 using Tapatalk
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#14 Offline AntsTopia - Posted July 26 2023 - 6:18 PM

AntsTopia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

He sent me a friend request a while after he stopped being a stubborn know-it-all. At some point before he left the forum, he was actually a pretty nice dude, excluding the transport of invasive species obviously.

Sent from my CPH2201 using Tapatalk

Oh. I'm going to try to find black crazy ants in New York. I heard a couple ant keepers say that black crazy ants are in Buffalo, NY. His journal was cool but he should have just went upstate so he could keep them legally. Oh well, I'll plan a trip next week to try to find them, it's like 7 hours away from me but luckily I have that week off. I had a colony of them in Florida so I kind of miss watching them. They were really hard to keep contained, they were escaping every time I blinked.  

Edited by AntsTopia, July 26 2023 - 6:36 PM.

Keeper of:

Atta Mexicana x 1

Messor Barbarus x 1

Ants are just better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users