• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Help ID Lasius Ant species Eastern Massachusetts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline aheyer - Posted June 11 2023 - 5:10 PM

aheyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello,

I am looking to see what species of Lasius ant this is. I also believe it is a queen. It has a yellow head, reddish thorax, and brown striped gaster. It is about 6 mm long.

It was collected in the evening on June 8th 2023. The ant was under a log in the yard. I did not see any other ants.

See images attached

Thank you,
Andrew

Attached Images

• PXL_20230612_005622037.jpg
  • PXL_20230612_005614889.jpg
  • PXL_20230612_005608088.jpg

#2 Offline Mettcollsuss - Posted June 11 2023 - 6:09 PM

Mettcollsuss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
Lasius interjectus
  • James C. Trager and Artisan_Ants like this

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted June 11 2023 - 7:33 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Yup lasius interjectus. Also mett you need to start mentioning to people that their queens are parasitic lmao, I'm having to follow up on all your IDs lately with that essential information.
  • James C. Trager and Artisan_Ants like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users