• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Question to the moderators- Information for Conference Ant Talk

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ernteameise - Posted May 30 2023 - 11:49 AM

Ernteameise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationGermany

Not sure how else to ask.

I have been asked to give a 45 minute lecture on ant keeping at the UK zoo vet conference (BVZS 2023).

I would like to share some pictures and information that is shared in some of the "beginner" and "advice" threads.

I will cite this forum and of course advertise this forum as a great source of help and advice.

I will also cite every person I get a picture and / or advice from.

Could anybody let me know if that would be fine?

Do I contact the people personally via PM?

Or what would be best?

I think being able to share my enthusiasm and to spread some awareness for this hobby to the veterinary profession would be a great chance and opportunity!

Thank you.

• AntPerson76 likes this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted May 30 2023 - 3:54 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I would PM Dspdrew to see. As for me, I see no problem citing the forum and reaching out to members individually.
  • Ernteameise and AntPerson76 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline Zeiss - Posted May 30 2023 - 4:26 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

dspdrew is the owner of the forum and I'd suggest getting in contact with him; hopefully he gets back to you in time, haha. 

Otherwise, for each of the people, ask them personally if you wish to use their images and how they want credit.

• Ernteameise likes this

#4 Offline AntPerson76 - Posted May 30 2023 - 4:36 PM

AntPerson76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD

Not sure how else to ask.

I have been asked to give a 45 minute lecture on ant keeping at the UK zoo vet conference (BVZS 2023).

I would like to share some pictures and information that is shared in some of the "beginner" and "advice" threads.

I will cite this forum and of course advertise this forum as a great source of help and advice.

I will also cite every person I get a picture and / or advice from.

Could anybody let me know if that would be fine?

Do I contact the people personally via PM?

Or what would be best?

I think being able to share my enthusiasm and to spread some awareness for this hobby to the veterinary profession would be a great chance and opportunity!

Thank you.

Cool! Make sure to mention that pheidole and other species of ants have majors with big heads!  :D They're the best part of keeping ants that collect seeds. (Just kidding talk about what you want)

• Ernteameise likes this

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 30 2023 - 8:53 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I have no problem with that. Use whatever you want from formiculture.com for your lecture. Some pictures are not hosted on our sever, so you might want to check with the owners of the pictures. If you right click on a picture and look at the information, you can see in the URL where it is actually hosted.

• Ernteameise and 100lols like this

#6 Offline Ernteameise - Posted May 30 2023 - 11:26 PM

Ernteameise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
  • LocationGermany

Thank you all for your assistance!

I still have several months to get everything planned out and written.

I will have a look at what would suit me best and then I will contact everyone personally.

I might also ask a few questions (I am still a newbie, after all!) so I hope nobody will be annoyed.

• AntPerson76 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users