• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dealing with antipathy and disgust for your hobby

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Ernteameise - Posted May 20 2023 - 3:38 AM

Ernteameise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • LocationGermany

Well, as I said above-

I like to carry the torch.

Yes, I am aware that some people might find my hobby disgusting, but it is also important to spread awareness of how awesome these animals are.

I have sent a few pictures and a short report to the social media group of my company where I work (a diagnostic laboratory).

So today, they published some of my pictures on company social media, featuring my two colonies of Messor barbarus.

Right now, I am actually quite happy with having done this!

(and I won't shut up about my ants anyways, by now, everyone around me knows about my being weird).

Laboklin-Post.jpg

Edited by Ernteameise, May 20 2023 - 3:38 AM.

• ConcordAntman and ANTdrew like this

#22 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted May 20 2023 - 10:24 AM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Ernteameise, remember on this forum you’re preaching to the choir! I’ve been interested in insects almost 70 years. You and your chosen hobby are most definitely not weird!! We are fortunate enough to witness just a part of the abundance of nature’s beauty that’s right before our eyes. Illuminate, but don’t worry about those whose view is too narrow to see!

• ANTdrew and Ernteameise like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users