• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant Taxidermy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline NewbieAntMan - Posted December 19 2022 - 4:15 AM

NewbieAntMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Does anyone know of any site that sells taxidermy queen ants? I can only seem to find gigas which will always be a dream species. Does such a website exist?

I'd like to make a wall with a queen from each of the species I've kept but struggling to find anyone and I currently lack the skills and dead queens!

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted December 19 2022 - 7:22 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Yeah unfortunately ants aren’t very popular in the insect collecting hobby. I’d highly recommend collecting your own specimens, either alates from nests or queens you caught that died while founding.

#3 Offline mmcguffi - Posted December 19 2022 - 9:24 AM

mmcguffi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I think I've only ever seen Atta queens sold as pinned/prepared specimens, probably since they are large and impressive looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users