• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

FinWins Ant & Equipment Shop

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Offline FinWins - Posted August 31 2022 - 3:32 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Hello and welcome to my ant shop, I look forward to spreading the joy of ants to the community.

Thanks, Finn

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Shipping will probably be around $10 for most of California. If the weather is over 85f then I will hold the order until the weather is a suitable temperature. If you are having the package delivered to your house then you must unbox the ants within 15 minutes of arrival and supply pictures for evidence of you receiving the package to qualify for the LAG. If you need me to hold the package for some reason other than any of the above then please let me know, however after one month I will charge a holding fee of $5 per each additional month. (I recommend if you have a PO Box that you have the package delivered there as it will be a better temperature for the ants & you can wait up to three hours to receive the package. Also just because the tracking number says that it isn’t at the PO doesn’t mean that it’s not there so I recommend that as soon as the package arrives at the postal office you check the PO & if it isn’t there then you go to the front desk and ask for your package.)

LAG 

On colonies only will LAG be allowed. Only if the weather is below 80f and above 50f will LAG be allowed. If ant do arrive dead and proof is provided via unboxing video then 50% of cost will be refunded (not counting shipping). Make sure that the ants are dead not just cold as if they are cold they may not move much but they are alive. 

Please private message me if you have any questions or are interested in buying.

Single queens:

Colonies:

Termite sp. (male/female pair of unknown sp. termites) $25 (Shipping available) (Available)

image.jpg

Solenopsis xyloni: (10-30workers) (1-2 queens) $10 (Shipping available) (Sold Out)

image.jpg

More ants coming soon…

10x10X2.5 Beautiful hand made nest with water towers for sale $250 $220 DEAL! (Available) (Shipping available anywhere in the USA Flat rate) 

Edited by FinWins, April 16 2023 - 11:58 AM.

• UtahAnts, That_one_ant_guy and United-Ants like this

I keep: C. modoc, C. sansabeanus  :D, C. maritimus, Formica argentea, M. mexicanus  :D, Odontomachus brunneus :D, Pogonomyrmex californicus, Pogonomyrmex rugosus, 

#2 Offline FinWins - Posted September 1 2022 - 4:57 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Bump

I keep: C. modoc, C. sansabeanus  :D, C. maritimus, Formica argentea, M. mexicanus  :D, Odontomachus brunneus :D, Pogonomyrmex californicus, Pogonomyrmex rugosus, 

#3 Offline FinWins - Posted September 1 2022 - 4:58 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Update: Argentine ants now available to catch on request

#4 Offline KadinB - Posted September 1 2022 - 5:26 PM

KadinB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Damn I might have to get those argies

• OiledOlives likes this

#5 Offline FinWins - Posted September 4 2022 - 11:05 AM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Might have Pheidole coming soon.

#6 Offline Vick09usmc - Posted September 4 2022 - 11:19 AM

Vick09usmc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
What type of pheidole

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

#7 Offline FinWins - Posted September 4 2022 - 11:34 AM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

P. californica, but I’m not sure whether I will keep them or sell them as right now it’s just the queen and her brood so it depends on how much I like the workers when they come out as I have never seen workers of this species.

• That_one_ant_guy likes this

#8 Offline FinWins - Posted September 7 2022 - 9:29 AM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Caught another brachymyrmex queen

Solenopsis just keep getting bigger  

#9 Offline FinWins - Posted September 7 2022 - 10:40 AM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Pics added 

#10 Offline That_one_ant_guy - Posted September 7 2022 - 2:40 PM

That_one_ant_guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
What material wad used for the formicarium?
  • FinWins likes this

#11 Offline FinWins - Posted September 7 2022 - 3:09 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Gypsum (aka similar to THA’s type three formicarium)

#12 Offline FinWins - Posted September 7 2022 - 3:16 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Also it’s sand coated 

#13 Offline FinWins - Posted September 8 2022 - 7:07 AM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Bump

#14 Offline ZTYguy - Posted September 8 2022 - 2:14 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California
Does that nest come with an out world? Just wondering as to why it’s 280 bucks
  • OiledOlives and FinWins like this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#15 Offline FinWins - Posted September 8 2022 - 3:35 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

So it’s that price because of the amount of time required to create it and as most people who run success business know that human time is pretty expensive.

Or I’m willing to trade for it!

• Ants_Dakota likes this

#16 Offline bmb1bee - Posted September 8 2022 - 3:50 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

So it’s that price because of the amount of time required to create it and as most people who run success business know that human time is pretty expensive.

Remove the zero and you've got yourself a deal  B)

• OiledOlives and FinWins like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#17 Offline T.C. - Posted September 8 2022 - 3:51 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,060 posts

That would just be ridiculous.
  • FinWins likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#18 Offline bmb1bee - Posted September 8 2022 - 3:52 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

That would just be ridiculous.

(It was a joke.)

• ColAnt735 and FinWins like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#19 Offline ZTYguy - Posted September 8 2022 - 5:11 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I totally get that but if you ask around you’ll come to find you can find very similar nests at a fraction of the cost. Just take for example the THA fallen fortress. It is about half the size of your nest but even if you double the price of the fortress, you still would not get that price. To be more precise I payed about 215 dollars for 2 fortress formicariums from THA and that’s with the amount of customization I put into it (ie. Museum glass, specialized outworld, extra supplies) and that is also including shipping. I’d purchase that formicarium if it came with a large outworld, good quality glass and decent shipping rates. Not trying to be harsh, just a simple suggestion.
  • bmb1bee likes this
Currently: Considering moving to Australia
Reason: Myrmecia

#20 Offline FinWins - Posted September 8 2022 - 7:06 PM

FinWins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
  • LocationUnited States

I totally get that but if you ask around you’ll come to find you can find very similar nests at a fraction of the cost. Just take for example the THA fallen fortress. It is about half the size of your nest but even if you double the price of the fortress, you still would not get that price. To be more precise I payed about 215 dollars for 2 fortress formicariums from THA and that’s with the amount of customization I put into it (ie. Museum glass, specialized outworld, extra supplies) and that is also including shipping. I’d purchase that formicarium if it came with a large outworld, good quality glass and decent shipping rates. Not trying to be harsh, just a simple suggestion.

So one thing is that is it’s MUCH harder to make a 10x10 nest then it is to make two 4x4 nests trust me I’ve made them both. The benefit of having one large nest is that it saves space, and has less connections and tubing meaning that the ants are less likely to escape.  

• Ants_Dakota likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users