• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

PaigeX Myrmecia Nigrocincta Journal

australia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline PaigeX - Posted January 6 2022 - 6:41 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

Hey all! 
The Myrmecia Nigrocincta queen and her worker I was given by JCRHJM arrived on thursday.

They are doing great and both are alive and well. The pile of brood looks great and they have already taken some protein. 

This is the setup for them right now. I found out I cracked a bone in my foot the day before I got them and was not able to get some nice rocks to add. Will add some more for them when I get a cast on.
Attached File  Myrmecia Nigrocincta Queen and worker.jpg   281.12KB   0 downloads

Some Videos I took of them. Hope you enjoy and I look forward to updating you all on them in the future.

• Antkeeper01, Shazza, JCRHJM and 1 other like this

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Myrmecia Chrysogaster - a Queen. Myrmecia Gilberti - a Queen. Myrmecia Nigrocincta - Queen and worker. Colobopsis Macrocephala - a Queen
Polyrhachis Ammon - 1 Colony + 9 Queens. Polyrhachis Vermiculosa - 2 Colony's + 2 Queen. Polyrhachis Aurea - 1 Queen. Polyrhachis Phryne - a Queen. Polyrhachis Australis - Colony. Polyrhachis Daemeli - 2 Queens.
Camponotus Aeneopilosus - 5 Queens. Camponotus Elegans - a Queen. Camponotus Humilior - 2 Queens. Camponotus Eastwoodi - 2 Queens. Crematogaster Laeviceps -Starting colony.
Brachyponera lutea - a Queen. Iridomyrmex Bicknelli - a colony + 2 queens. Ochetellus glaber - 2 Colony's. + 1 different unidentified Queen.
One unidentified Golden Spiny Ant colony. Might be Polyrhachis (Chariomyrma) schoopae or Polyrhachis (Chariomyrma) pallescens.

My YouTube channel: Australian Polyrhachis +

May God Bless you.

#2 Offline PaigeX - Posted January 7 2022 - 8:28 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Update: Mealworm went hard too fast so I gave a baby cricket and they loved it. Put it right onto of their brood to feed on it.

Best picture I could get. I got a used Canon Power Shot SX 40HS and once the SD card comes in the mail I'll start taking pictures on that.

Attached File  IMG_20220108_141835.jpg   282.79KB   0 downloads

• Antkeeper01, Shazza and JCRHJM like this

Myrmecia Chrysogaster - a Queen. Myrmecia Gilberti - a Queen. Myrmecia Nigrocincta - Queen and worker. Colobopsis Macrocephala - a Queen
Polyrhachis Ammon - 1 Colony + 9 Queens. Polyrhachis Vermiculosa - 2 Colony's + 2 Queen. Polyrhachis Aurea - 1 Queen. Polyrhachis Phryne - a Queen. Polyrhachis Australis - Colony. Polyrhachis Daemeli - 2 Queens.
Camponotus Aeneopilosus - 5 Queens. Camponotus Elegans - a Queen. Camponotus Humilior - 2 Queens. Camponotus Eastwoodi - 2 Queens. Crematogaster Laeviceps -Starting colony.
Brachyponera lutea - a Queen. Iridomyrmex Bicknelli - a colony + 2 queens. Ochetellus glaber - 2 Colony's. + 1 different unidentified Queen.
One unidentified Golden Spiny Ant colony. Might be Polyrhachis (Chariomyrma) schoopae or Polyrhachis (Chariomyrma) pallescens.

May God Bless you.

#3 Offline PaigeX - Posted January 13 2022 - 9:11 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Update:
They are still doing very well. Still taking baby crickets.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

May God Bless you.

#4 Offline PaigeX - Posted January 19 2022 - 2:34 AM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Took this picture on my phone a few days or more ago.
Attached File  IMG_20220116_175159.jpg   342.13KB   0 downloads

This one I took on my new camera today. The larvae are growing in size.

Attached File  IMG_4549.JPG   334.42KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4552.JPG   350.02KB   0 downloads

• Antkeeper01 and JCRHJM like this

May God Bless you.

#5 Offline antsriondel - Posted January 19 2022 - 1:22 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Took this picture on my phone a few days or more ago.
attachicon.gifIMG_20220116_175159.jpg

This one I took on my new camera today. The larvae are growing in size.

attachicon.gifIMG_4549.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4552.JPG

nice!!! (y)

• PaigeX likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users