1. Location of collection: Richmond, BC, Canada
2. Date of collection: 30th June. It's a worker so I doubt it matter.
3. Habitat of collection: areas with lots of vegetation.
4. Length: 10 mm
5. Colouration: Black head and gaster with orange thorax. dull, texture not rigid and no pattern.
6. Distinguishing characteristics: No spines or bumps. one petiole. oval gaster.
7. Anything else distinctive: jumpy like all formica. Lone worker so I don't know what the other mambers of her colony looks like. Formic acidy odour.
8. Nest description: I don't know where her nest is.