• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

LF solenopsis invicta

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jay92 - Posted March 9 2021 - 6:13 AM

Jay92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA
PA/Philadelphia looking for a solenopsis invicta queen preferably with workers. Can pay for any shipping and local pickup ok as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted March 9 2021 - 6:48 AM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

I'm 90% sure invicta hasn't managed to get that far north, so it would be illegal to get them since you would have to buy them out of state. No way you would get a permit approved for them.

• Manitobant likes this

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted March 9 2021 - 6:52 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
You won’t be able to. Invicta is extremely invasive and ants are illegal to ship over state lines. Getting a permit for them is also impossible, you’d practically need a note from the president.

Also you need to put your location in your profile to engage in sales here.

Edited by Manitobant, March 9 2021 - 6:53 AM.

#4 Offline Jay92 - Posted March 9 2021 - 6:55 AM

Jay92

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

I'm 90% sure invicta hasn't managed to get that far north, so it would be illegal to get them since you would have to buy them out of state. No way you would get a permit approved for them.

interesting, I had a colony a few years ago someone must’ve released them in the area I found them in. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users