• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking for Pheidole colonies in New Mexico ,Arizona,California or Oklahoma (I have a permit for those states and the entire genus of Pheidole)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 16 2021 - 6:31 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Well just because you say you have a permit doesn't make it not sketchy. For all we know you could be lying. Also, you said the whole genus but now you say almost 30 species. That's pretty sketchy right there.

Pheidole has over 1,000 species. You can not get a permit for that many species.

o and I forgot you can have you to 500 species per permit

500 species is a lot, I don't know if people would try to do that, but then again, people are people.

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#22 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 16 2021 - 6:47 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

Well just because you say you have a permit doesn't make it not sketchy. For all we know you could be lying. Also, you said the whole genus but now you say almost 30 species. That's pretty sketchy right there.

Pheidole has over 1,000 species. You can not get a permit for that many species.

o and I forgot you can have you to 500 species per permit
500 species is a lot, I don't know if people would try to do that, but then again, people are people.
well when you say people your talking about scientists,researchers and hobbiest alike ...seems like the Usda finds it ethical enough to allow for such big permits

#23 Offline AleeGuy - Posted February 16 2021 - 6:58 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
Just because of curiosity, how much time did it took since the day you applied/requested it, until the day you got approved?

#24 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 16 2021 - 7:00 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

Just because of curiosity, how much time did it took since the day you applied/requested it, until the day you got approved?

it all depends it took me a few weeks but I did some major footwork...sounds like it can take on average a few months to a year

#25 Offline gcsnelling - Posted February 17 2021 - 3:33 AM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Just in case you didn’t believe my story lol

I am curious as to the type of "educational" use involved, also more than a little disconcerted by the idea of having the permit "pushed through" not to mention the containment inspection being waived.

#26 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 17 2021 - 5:31 AM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

I am curious as to the type of "educational" use involved, also more than a little disconcerted by the idea of having the permit "pushed through" not to mention the containment inspection being waived.
o man .the negative undertones that the reply’s have had are getting old ...the containment review can easily be waived if the species are deemed not a threat or are also found in the state your trying to bring them too.secondly by pushed through I just mean this person manually grabs my app from the epermits section and processs it individually rather than waits for the epermits people to do so.nothing sketchy or unethical there .not like I’m paying some guy a duffel bag full of money behind Walmart to hatch an evil plan.and if you call the Usda and keep calling until you get someone on the phone any one can get it pushed through

#27 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 17 2021 - 5:33 AM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

as for the educational use I run a YouTube channel and post care info on various other social media’s .all of that described in my permit app so if they granted the permit based off that information then they must be ok with it

#28 Offline gcsnelling - Posted February 17 2021 - 6:08 AM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Gotcha

#29 Offline FSTP - Posted February 17 2021 - 7:58 AM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

What's your youtube channel called? Can I get aa link? if I'm not already sub'ed I will. Also if you're goal is to educate people you can put a link to your youtube in your signature so more people can see it.

#30 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted February 17 2021 - 10:01 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

What's your youtube channel called? Can I get aa link? if I'm not already sub'ed I will. Also if you're goal is to educate people you can put a link to your youtube in your signature so more people can see it.

https://www.youtube...._lPi4LZXGJFKPQ  (y) 
that's his youtube channel. 
*If the link doesent work, its called Myrmidon Nation. 

Edited by StrickyAnts, February 17 2021 - 10:02 AM.

#31 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 17 2021 - 10:07 AM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

https://www.youtube...._lPi4LZXGJFKPQ (y)
*If the link doesent work, its called Myrmidon Nation.
thanks buddy

#32 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted February 17 2021 - 11:30 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Yeah that link doesn't work for me. I'll have to search it up.

#33 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 17 2021 - 11:42 AM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Yeah that link doesn't work for me. I'll have to search it up.

same here. the classic error:404. 

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#34 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 17 2021 - 12:29 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas
https://m.youtube.co...0_lPi4LZXGJFKPQ
  • UtahAnts likes this

#35 Offline FSTP - Posted February 17 2021 - 6:59 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

cool I sub'ed, you can also sub to mine if you're not already ;)

#36 Offline gs5248 - Posted February 21 2021 - 4:31 PM

gs5248

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationSacramento California

I really like your channel.

#37 Offline Jameso2001 - Posted March 14 2021 - 9:53 PM

Jameso2001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLago Vista, Texas

Looking for Pheidole that can be shipped to Texas I have a permit for Arizona,Oklahoma,New Mexico,and California for the whole genus.will supply my permit and shipping papers if we strike a deal

I have Pheidole hyatti in Texas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users