• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What tarantulas does FC want

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: What tarantulas does FC want (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Ts do you want

1. Tliltocatl albopilosus (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Cyriopagopus albostriatus/ Haplopelma minax (1 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

3. Poecilotheria metallica (5 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

4. T blondi (2 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 7 2021 - 4:25 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Depends on price, but please sell Cyriopagopus albostriatus/ Haplopelma minax. I would 100% buy (depending on shipping prices tho)

If you were to sell those, how much? 

• Devi likes this

My YouTube channel :)

#22 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:07 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I will leave poll open for the rest of the day. It ends at 12.

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#23 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:15 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I will leave poll open for the rest of the day. It ends at 12.

Will you only breed one species, or all that have been voted for?

#24 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:16 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Um I will get to all of the species that were voted for eventualy but the one with the most votes I will try to do first.

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#25 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:22 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Um I will get to all of the species that were voted for eventualy but the one with the most votes I will try to do first.

Oh cool! :)

Edited by Swirlysnowflake, January 7 2021 - 5:23 PM.

#26 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:24 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

I have helped with breeding projects before. That’s why I’m starting with easier ones first. I’ll probably start breeding obts soon for a friend of mine so I guess your answer is yes. Also know that you probably won’t see all of these species selling for another year or so.

Currently Keeping:

#27 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 8 2021 - 12:05 AM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Changed poll, go vote for your favorite!!!

Currently Keeping:

#28 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 8 2021 - 4:02 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

What's nice about P. metallica compared to other pokies, is that it is smaller, prettier, and I have heard people say it is less aggressive too.

#29 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 8 2021 - 8:34 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

What's nice about P. metallica compared to other pokies, is that it is smaller, prettier, and I have heard people say it is less aggressive too.

In my opinion/experience, they are just as aggressive as other pokies and they are boltier too.

Might have just been my T though, I can't really speak for every single tarantula in the species :)

#30 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 8 2021 - 9:55 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

In my opinion/experience, they are just as aggressive as other pokies and they are boltier too.

Might have just been my T though, I can't really speak for every single tarantula in the species :)

I've never kept them, but I heard from multiple people that theirs were much more docile than their other pokies. However, with every animal it depends on the individual.

#31 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 8 2021 - 10:41 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I've never kept them, but I heard from multiple people that theirs were much more docile than their other pokies. However, with every animal it depends on the individual.

That is true.

#32 Offline ParadoxAnts - Posted January 8 2021 - 10:43 AM

ParadoxAnts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Can you get Avics? (Avicularia) 

#33 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 8 2021 - 11:10 AM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

I can maybe get avics but they will come later.

Currently Keeping:

#34 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted January 8 2021 - 11:39 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

I don't know if this is really what this post is asking, but I would really like some sort of arboreal tarantula, preferably one with striking coloration. I'd probably start off with something more simple like a pinktoe of some sort, but eventually I'd love to get an ornamental, preferably a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental. I currently own a Mexican Fireleg that I've had for 7 years now, and I've had a Rosehair in the past, so a change of species ecology would be nice. I'm gradually peaking back into the hobby to see what's new, so another tarantula could very well be in my future.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#35 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 8 2021 - 11:42 AM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

I have had a little project in the background you could say. I have a little 1 inch baby C. versicolor and I may get some Metallicas which is the gooty sapphire.

Currently Keeping:

#36 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 8 2021 - 11:54 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

I don't know if this is really what this post is asking, but I would really like some sort of arboreal tarantula, preferably one with striking coloration. I'd probably start off with something more simple like a pinktoe of some sort, but eventually I'd love to get an ornamental, preferably a Gooty Sapphire Ornamental. I currently own a Mexican Fireleg that I've had for 7 years now, and I've had a Rosehair in the past, so a change of species ecology would be nice. I'm gradually peaking back into the hobby to see what's new, so another tarantula could very well be in my future.

I second this. I would love an arboreal. A pinktoe (Those are avics right?) would be cool. I used to have one of those but it matured out as a male. 

#37 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 8 2021 - 11:57 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

I second this. I would love an arboreal. A pinktoe (Those are avics right?) would be cool. I used to have one of those but it matured out as a male. 

yep avics are pinktoes. they are my favorite genus.

#38 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 8 2021 - 1:48 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Would you guys prefer an A. Avic or a C. Versicolor or a p. Irminia

Currently Keeping:

#39 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 8 2021 - 5:48 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Depends on price, but solely going off species I would say P. irminia. I once saw them at a reptile expo in 2019 for like 20 bucks and to this day I still regret not getting some slings lol

That species is beautiful. Second choice would be C. versicolor :)

#40 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted January 9 2021 - 11:12 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
P. irminia is going to have a worse temperament, but husbandry is easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users