• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Please stop rating everything 1 star

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Guest_StrickyAnts_* - Posted January 5 2021 - 10:37 AM

Guest_StrickyAnts_*
  • Guests

why are you doing this in the first place?

Maybe cause a bunch of people left low ratings on one of his journals lol

Not a valid reason.

• Fatatoille likes this

#22 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 5 2021 - 10:39 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

why are you doing this in the first place?

Maybe cause a bunch of people left low ratings on one of his journals lol

Not a valid reason.

I’m not trying to justify what he did lol. 

Probably doesn’t even have a real valid reason. I can’t think of any possible logical reason why random people who didn’t do anything/posts that have no offensive content would be voted 1 star.

• Fatatoille likes this

My YouTube channel :)

#23 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted January 5 2021 - 10:52 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

• AleeGuy likes this
We don’t talk about that

#24 Offline Spazmops - Posted January 5 2021 - 10:59 AM

Spazmops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Thank you for contributing to the discussion. 

• Swirlysnowflake likes this

Co-owner and founder of Mountain Myrmeculture and The Menagerie Discord Server

Ants I have:

1 Formica fusca group- 0 workers

1 Tetramorium immigrans colony-20 workers

1 Dorymyrmex insanus- 1 queen, used to have workers

1 large P. occidentalis colony- around 50 workers, plenty of brood

#25 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:04 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

confusion

#26 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:43 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

Its a joke, meant to be the part "its inappropriate and violent"

We don’t talk about that

#27 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:49 AM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Its a joke, meant to be the part "its inappropriate and violent"

o h 

#28 Offline Aaron567 - Posted January 5 2021 - 8:14 PM

Aaron567

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL

POPULAR

To the infamous downvoter/s (whoever they may be): Honestly, if you post multiple long journals without any photos at all, which means you could literally be making the whole thing up on the spot just to get reputation points, I'd think it should be expected to get downvoted. It's kinda sorta what the rating system is for. Quality over quantity is appreciated a lot more. And don't go around on everyone else's good journals rating them 1 star just because your journals aren't favored by the people who regularly browse the forum. It's upsetting me and my homegirls  (y)

• Vendayn, AnthonyP163, FeedTheAnts and 9 others like this

#29 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 5 2021 - 9:14 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

To the infamous downvoter/s (whoever they may be): Honestly, if you post multiple long journals without any photos at all, which means you could literally be making the whole thing up on the spot just to get reputation points, I'd think it should be expected to get downvoted. It's kinda sorta what the rating system is for. Quality over quantity is appreciated a lot more. And don't go around on everyone else's good journals rating them 1 star just because your journals aren't favored by the people who regularly browse the forum. It's upsetting me and my homegirls  (y)

And someones pictures might be fake, since do sometimes see people post pictures and turns out they are from myrmecos or some other popular site, or sometimes even just using someone elses picture(s) they found from another forum. So they are only posting pictures to get reputation points and should be expected to get downvoted. So its better to downvote just in case its fake, just like you said. I completely agree :) Thanks for confirming to downvote just in case the content is fake. I am with you 100% :) Glad we agree. Any content that even 1% might be fake should be downvoted, and I agree with you completely about that.

Though you did out yourself as one of the fellow downvoters. Suppose we are one in the same then :) Though you downvote for other reasons, if any possibility of the content being fake, its a downvote. Mine was for other reasons, but now I will do the same with you :) Though word of advice, probably might not want to admit it. Either way, its good to know we are kindreds in downvoting :) You do have a good point, who is to say if the content is real or not? The pictures are genuine? Who is lying just to get some fame from discord or this forum, even if its internet fame and a niche hobby fame, its at least "fame". So who knows how many fake posts and fake pictures there are. Never thought of that, so thanks for bringing that up.

Edited by Vendayn, January 5 2021 - 10:13 PM.

#30 Offline CheetoLord02 - Posted January 5 2021 - 10:56 PM

CheetoLord02

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

POPULAR

And someones pictures might be fake, since do sometimes see people post pictures and turns out they are from myrmecos or some other popular site, or sometimes even just using someone elses picture(s) they found from another forum. So they are only posting pictures to get reputation points and should be expected to get downvoted. So its better to downvote just in case its fake, just like you said. I completely agree :) Thanks for confirming to downvote just in case the content is fake. I am with you 100% :) Glad we agree. Any content that even 1% might be fake should be downvoted, and I agree with you completely about that.

Though you did out yourself as one of the fellow downvoters. Suppose we are one in the same then :) Though you downvote for other reasons, if any possibility of the content being fake, its a downvote. Mine was for other reasons, but now I will do the same with you :) Though word of advice, probably might not want to admit it. Either way, its good to know we are kindreds in downvoting :) You do have a good point, who is to say if the content is real or not? The pictures are genuine? Who is lying just to get some fame from discord or this forum, even if its internet fame and a niche hobby fame, its at least "fame". So who knows how many fake posts and fake pictures there are. Never thought of that, so thanks for bringing that up.

It's official. You've gone completely delusional. Attacking one of the most valued members of this forum is something I can't just let slide.

Rating every single post on the forum 1 star and trying to pass it off as "getting rid of fakes" has got to be the worse excuse I've ever heard. A quick reverse image search will quickly tell you if a picture is fake or real. Anybody who's been on the internet for more than 5 minutes could tell you that. On the other hand, the claims you're being bashed for have absolutely NO way to be verified unless you were to post pictures, which you have failed to do time and time again. Here Aaron is recommending ways for you to improve your content and you try to bash him and accuse him of being a fake. Absolutely disgusting behavior. 

It's time for you to realize why you have almost 1900 posts and barely over 550 rep. You create nonsensical threads, post unnecessary, repetitive, and downright spammy topics and expect the entire forum to believe you and like your posts, all the while you have posted absolutely ZERO evidence for any of the claims you make. Your original P. megacephala journal was downvoted because it was a slew of words that nobody could verify and that even yourself took absolutely no effort whatsoever to verify with photo or video evidence. You've been on this forum for YEARS and have NEVER changed the style of your content, and now that people finally get fed up with it you go and barrage EVERY post with 1 star ratings just in a desperate attempt to inflate your own ego, since nobody else will.

Not to mention, Aaron did not ever admit to rating any posts in his topic, nor did he even say your name at all. You are creating a fabricated strawman in the desperate hope to get dirt on him when there is no such dirt. All this is is a sad cry for attention from somebody who is finally getting what they deserve. At this point you have gone beyond lying for attention and have resorted to barraging this forum with negativity for absolutely no reason other than to make yourself feel better.

By not only admitting numerous times that you are responsible for the actions we've been complaining about but also attempting to drag down valued members of the forum to your level is absolutely disgusting. You need to learn to accept the fact that, at the end of the day, your current posts are absolute garbage, and that is why nobody likes them. Your low rep count is nobody's fault but your own. Desperately trying to fight the entire forum on your own is a bold move of desperation that I can only hope results in you finally getting outcasted from this community for good. I'm sick of seeing your downright horrible posts plaguing this forum, and your newfound bitter and spiteful attitude isn't helping your case. You either need to straighten up your act and move on like a normal person or get lost from this platform for good, you disgusting, spiteful, immature crybaby.

• gcsnelling, AnthonyP163, TennesseeAnts and 10 others like this

#31 Offline ArmansAnts - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:10 PM

ArmansAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNew York City

It's so incredibly easy to tell when an image is stolen, you can just search it through google images, and check for consistency. You have made a bunch of posts making outrageous claims and never backing it up just for attention. And then you decide that when no one likes the low quality posts you make, the solution is to go around trying to ruin other people's posts. Most immature thing you could do, just quit it. How long does it take to realize that if you post crappy content, you will get bad results, and if you post good content, you will get good results? 

Edited by ArmansAnts, January 5 2021 - 11:11 PM.

• gcsnelling, AnthonyP163, CheetoLord02 and 2 others like this

Ant-Keeping & Ethology Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2QdvQescDW
Arman's Ants YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube....r6PhuBZiYATC-Gg

My Journal: https://www.formicul...-updated-91620/

Looking for news in Myrmecology? Click below!

antwire_formi.png

#32 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:12 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

It's official. You've gone completely delusional. Attacking one of the most valued members of this forum is something I can't just let slide.

Rating every single post on the forum 1 star and trying to pass it off as "getting rid of fakes" has got to be the worse excuse I've ever heard. A quick reverse image search will quickly tell you if a picture is fake or real. Anybody who's been on the internet for more than 5 minutes could tell you that. On the other hand, the claims you're being bashed for have absolutely NO way to be verified unless you were to post pictures, which you have failed to do time and time again. Here Aaron is recommending ways for you to improve your content and you try to bash him and accuse him of being a fake. Absolutely disgusting behavior. 

It's time for you to realize why you have almost 1900 posts and barely over 550 rep. You create nonsensical threads, post unnecessary, repetitive, and downright spammy topics and expect the entire forum to believe you and like your posts, all the while you have posted absolutely ZERO evidence for any of the claims you make. Your original P. megacephala journal was downvoted because it was a slew of words that nobody could verify and that even yourself took absolutely no effort whatsoever to verify with photo or video evidence. You've been on this forum for YEARS and have NEVER changed the style of your content, and now that people finally get fed up with it you go and barrage EVERY post with 1 star ratings just in a desperate attempt to inflate your own ego, since nobody else will.

Not to mention, Aaron did not ever admit to rating any posts in his topic, nor did he even say your name at all. You are creating a fabricated strawman in the desperate hope to get dirt on him when there is no such dirt. All this is is a sad cry for attention from somebody who is finally getting what they deserve. At this point you have gone beyond lying for attention and have resorted to barraging this forum with negativity for absolutely no reason other than to make yourself feel better.

By not only admitting numerous times that you are responsible for the actions we've been complaining about but also attempting to drag down valued members of the forum to your level is absolutely disgusting. You need to learn to accept the fact that, at the end of the day, your current posts are absolute garbage, and that is why nobody likes them. Your low rep count is nobody's fault but your own. Desperately trying to fight the entire forum on your own is a bold move of desperation that I can only hope results in you finally getting outcasted from this community for good. I'm sick of seeing your downright horrible posts plaguing this forum, and your newfound bitter and spiteful attitude isn't helping your case. You either need to straighten up your act and move on like a normal person or get lost from this platform for good, you disgusting, spiteful, immature crybaby.

Do you know him personally? And if you do, do you really know him? Someone can be anything they want online, and do and be something completely different in real life.

You seem very angry that I and aaron agree with each other, like you personally know aaron himself. And if you do, it would explain why you are so defensive over it, but if you don't, then its a little weird to be so defensive over someone you know nothing about. At least it makes more sense to defend someone you know personally in real life and is a real life friend or family member.

You need to take a chill pill. I was only agreeing with him.

#33 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:16 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Its especially funny cheeto is so angry over a useless star system that drew and zeiss have already said is useless and is best to be ignored. And then he goes on a full rant at me rofl. The only one who is delusional (and super overly angry over a useless star system) here is him, and I was even agreeing with aaron not attacking him. I won't argue with someone so angry over a useless star system who needs to take a break from the internet for a day. Its probably a kid who cares about the stars lol. But drew and zeiss (plus fstp) already agreed the other day its useless and they don't pay attention to it, and its best to be ignored.

Edited by Vendayn, January 5 2021 - 11:20 PM.

#34 Offline ArmansAnts - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:21 PM

ArmansAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Its especially funny cheeto is so angry over a useless star system that drew and zeiss have already said is useless and is best to be ignored. And then he goes on a full rant at me rofl. The only one who is delusional here is him, and I was even agreeing with aaron not attacking him.

You are not agreeing with Aaron, you're sarcastically saying you agree to back yourself up, when you downvote because a burning delusion while he downvotes low quality content. Not a single person on this forum agrees with you, which is why you are all alone attacking literally everyone's posts. Cheeto and Aaron have known each other for years, it's none of your business. No one is angry because of a star system, they're angry because you have the audacity to produce crappy content, then get angry that people don't like your crappy content, then proceed to attack those people. Don't try to twist people's words, you are fully aware that everyone here knows you're in the wrong.

• AnthonyP163, CheetoLord02, MinigunL5 and 1 other like this

Ant-Keeping & Ethology Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2QdvQescDW
Arman's Ants YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube....r6PhuBZiYATC-Gg

My Journal: https://www.formicul...-updated-91620/

Looking for news in Myrmecology? Click below!

antwire_formi.png

#35 Offline Vendayn - Posted January 5 2021 - 11:28 PM

Vendayn

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Its especially funny cheeto is so angry over a useless star system that drew and zeiss have already said is useless and is best to be ignored. And then he goes on a full rant at me rofl. The only one who is delusional here is him, and I was even agreeing with aaron not attacking him.

You are not agreeing with Aaron, you're sarcastically saying you agree to back yourself up, when you downvote because a burning delusion while he downvotes low quality content. Not a single person on this forum agrees with you, which is why you are all alone attacking literally everyone's posts. Cheeto and Aaron have known each other for years, it's none of your business. No one is angry because of a star system, they're angry because you have the audacity to produce crappy content, then get angry that people don't like your crappy content, then proceed to attack those people. Don't try to twist people's words, you are fully aware that everyone here knows you're in the wrong.

I'm not the one who has been ranting about getting no stars all day long. Sure I put a bunch of threads at 1 stars (there was one or two others too doing it as well), but I didn't go making posts about it all day long and start ranting at people all day about it. I just think its hilarious so many people get so worked up over useless stars. Like so angry rofl. That was the whole reason two threads were made today about it. I didn't make any threads about useless stars, I didn't even make any threads about my own journal being downvoted. I didn't spam the forums with threads and post all day about it. And in the end, it didn't even matter since the stars mean nothing.

And its already agreed upon by the creator of the forums (Drew) the star system is useless and isn't to be paid attention to. That says it all.

#36 Offline Spazmops - Posted January 6 2021 - 7:03 AM

Spazmops

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

I don't think anyone cares about their rating, I believe most people care about the negativity and spite that you're outputting. 

• AnthonyP163, CheetoLord02, Swirlysnowflake and 1 other like this

Co-owner and founder of Mountain Myrmeculture and The Menagerie Discord Server

Ants I have:

1 Formica fusca group- 0 workers

1 Tetramorium immigrans colony-20 workers

1 Dorymyrmex insanus- 1 queen, used to have workers

1 large P. occidentalis colony- around 50 workers, plenty of brood

#37 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted January 6 2021 - 7:03 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

if the star system is useless, than why use it? lets just all not use it, and then this argument will not be had. 

• AleeGuy likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#38 Offline AntsDakota - Posted January 6 2021 - 7:06 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

if the star system is useless, than why use it? lets just all not use it, and then this argument will not be had.

Its been part of FC for years. It’s just a headache when certain people abuse it.
  • CheetoLord02, DDD101DDD, Ants_Dakota and 2 others like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#39 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted January 6 2021 - 7:08 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Its been part of FC for years. It’s just a headache when certain people abuse it.

yes. maybe we can save Andrew some work and just not use it. then he will not have to remove it. 

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#40 Offline Devi - Posted January 6 2021 - 7:21 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

The thing that really annoys me, is not only that you are being toxic and negative for no reason, but also that you won't take responsibility and accountability about it.  It's never been, "Yeah, I'm sorry" or, "I'll stop," but always, "Oh, but there are more people doing it."  So you think that makes it OK?  It's sad to me that you don't mind being toxic, and spammy.  As for Cheeto's post, I completely agree.  It seems like you point of view keeps changing just so you can defend yourself and not be in the wrong.  You just turn everything back on the accuser, and makes stuff up to try to blame them instead.  Again, just have accountibility.  Just do us all a favor and please stop. 

Formiculture is a place for everyone who has an interest in insects and a love for nature, not a place for spamming and being toxic.  

Edited by Devi, January 6 2021 - 7:24 AM.

• AnthonyP163, CheetoLord02, AntsDakota and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users