• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

DIY Ant Formicarium

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 Offline YellowRubberDucky111 - Posted January 5 2021 - 3:55 PM

YellowRubberDucky111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok, I washed the grout mold a few times this week, and have a mix of perfect cast. Should I just pour the perfect cast on top of the mold while its in the container? Would the ants also like it if I put a thin layer of sand in the nesting chamber?

#62 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 5 2021 - 4:33 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,418 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I don’t fully understand. If you made the nest out of grout, there’s no need to pour Perfect Cast on it. Most ants do like a coating of sand.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#63 Offline YellowRubberDucky111 - Posted January 5 2021 - 4:53 PM

YellowRubberDucky111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

I don’t fully understand. If you made the nest out of grout, there’s no need to pour Perfect Cast on it. Most ants do like a coating of sand.

What I mean is that I have the grout in container and the top of the grout is covered in cracks and little holes so I want to pour some perfect cast on top to make it look smoother and add a sand layer on top.

#64 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 5 2021 - 5:13 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,418 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
That would work well.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users