• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Va looking for queens for sale next year.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted September 20 2020 - 6:17 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Virginia

Next year if I don’t catch one I would like to buy a prenolepis queen if anyone in va can catch one or have seen them fly and thinks they can get a colony started for me to buy then name your price also looking for any lasius queens to name your price. I’m located in Richmond Virginia. 

Also not to forgot I’ll trade any of my ants that I have in my shop. 

We don’t talk about that

#2 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted September 23 2020 - 3:21 PM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
Also I will trade or buy any that have them this year and I’ll trade for any uncommon species of camponotus because I am trying to up my camponotus collection.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#3 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted September 24 2020 - 6:43 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

i am trying to up my formica collection. but, with only 4 antkeepers in Sioux Falls, and me knowing them all super well...

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#4 Offline KitsAntVa - Posted September 24 2020 - 6:45 AM

KitsAntVa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

I may go formica hunting next year ill start with the formica in my yard then go out to the parasitic ones in my secret spot.

Edit: the key to finding them is just look near the end of june around their nest.

Edited by KitsAntVa, September 24 2020 - 6:46 AM.

• Ants_Dakota likes this
We don’t talk about that

#5 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted September 24 2020 - 6:49 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

if they swarm at the regular time, which nothing did this year in south dakota. thanks for the advice though.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users