• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cheeto's Acromyrmex versicolor (Updated 11/25)

44 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted October 28 2020 - 10:47 AM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

i do too.  i just think that ants are like the only animal that can get someone to keep plants.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My Journal Here

My Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

Learn about our website AntsDakota, and help us develop and publish it!

Join our Discord, where you can discuss your anting ideas in peace!

#42 Online CheetoLord02 - Posted November 25 2020 - 8:09 AM

CheetoLord02

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Update 11/25

I'm going to be honest... This colony, and species in general, has been on the back burner a bit. They're still doing really well, but my main focus is 100% on my Atta, and because of that the Acromyrmex have been relatively stagnant. They've still gotten a bit more fungus and have around 15 workers, not to mention all 4 queens are still playing nice, but when I have my Atta colony these guys definitely become 2nd priority. 

IMG 20201125 090159035

Still, despite my lack of attention, they're having pretty much no issues other than growing a bit slow. They could easily be 4x this size by now if I wanted, but honestly having a small leafcutter colony is kinda nice, they're suuuuper easy and chill and I don't have to worry about them really ever, so in the end I think things are still working out. I do hope to have both a large Acromyrmex and Atta colony eventually just to see how they compare with each other, but I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

IMG 20201125 090214277 HDR

• AnthonyP163, Somethinghmm, DDD101DDD and 1 other like this
pizap (4)

#43 Offline ExponentMars - Posted November 26 2020 - 9:26 AM

ExponentMars

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

bruh leafcutters are so cool

#44 Offline Tyr_Ants - Posted November 26 2020 - 4:02 PM

Tyr_Ants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCosta Mesa California
Glad to see them grow

#45 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted November 26 2020 - 4:33 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Nice journal. How do you hydrate these setups?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users