• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Living with Camponotus Hyatti (Carpenter ants)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#41 Offline Miketheawesome - Posted January 7 2021 - 5:54 PM

Miketheawesome

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSalinas CA

January 07 2021

And I’m back what’s up guys!! I took queen Sheila and her crew out of hibernation last week. I didn’t post anything cause not much happened, tried feeding them some cricket legs and honey but they weren’t really interested in it at all. So I decided I’ll wait a week and try again and I did. Same thing I fed them honey and cricket legs it took them awhile but one worker decided to check out the food I put out and then she went back told the other and they started to eat the cricket legs and sharing with the rest. 
    I also spotted some good looking eggs which is why I gave them so much protein. I was able to take some good looking pictures of them. 

Attached Images

• 838C0BC2-23F7-4520-BC5B-5A19EA617A4B.jpeg
  • 1997DBC5-D8D7-40BF-90C2-1E921EE7C043.jpeg

• Karma, Kaelwizard and Amazant like this

Camponotus Hyatti

1 Queen

6 Nanitics 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users