• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Jordan's Camponotus us-ca02 Journal (Updated 2-3-21)

camponotus carpenter ant ant journal us-ca02 ca02 camponotus us-ca02 camponotus ca02 carpenter ant journal camponotus journal jordan

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline cocdeshijie - Posted February 3 2021 - 4:13 PM

cocdeshijie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationCalifornia/Ohio

yellowwwww :whistle:

誰でも大好き!well.....except a few

cocdeshijie’s Formicarium Guides: https://cocdeshijie....cfe2df393b517f7

Ants API: https://ants-api.qwq.xyz/

#22 Offline sirjordanncurtis - Posted February 3 2021 - 7:20 PM

sirjordanncurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, California

They moved in pretty fast. About 10 minutes after I  put them on heat, I found the ca02 huddled in the tube. 

bzHAveG.jpg

xDu2xeT.jpg

KO10wsV.jpg

sUyOwB6.jpg

#23 Offline sirjordanncurtis - Posted February 9 2021 - 11:29 PM

sirjordanncurtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationPalo Alto, California

This is the first time I've seen healthy larvae in large quantities in this colony. I've been feeding them parts of crickets every other day or so and they have a filled feeder with hummingbird nectar at all times.

MZipW4Z.jpg

Something I've noticed in this colony that I haven't seen in other ones is that they have such a diverse spectrum of exoskeleton hues. They haven't had a new worker for 4 months now, so these might either be unhealthy or just a weird colony.

• Enderz likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: camponotus, carpenter ant, ant, journal, us-ca02, ca02, camponotus us-ca02, camponotus ca02, carpenter ant journal, camponotus journal, jordan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users