• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking for this formicarium

formicarium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline hope2eat - Posted May 2 2015 - 3:18 PM

hope2eat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello
I'm a new member to this forum and I was just wondering if anybody seen this formicarium and where can I purchase this.
well, if there isn't a way to purchase it, will it be easy to make It?
Thank you very much.

Attached Images

• 0be26b2430be3c6d8adb72ca75ff211b78664c2c.jpg
  • 0be26b2430be3c6d8adb72ca75ff211b78664c2c.jpg

#2 Offline Chromerust - Posted May 2 2015 - 3:59 PM

Chromerust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Locationsouthern California
I've never seen this setup before. I don't know if easy is the right word but making something similar isn't impossible. It depends on how skillful you are building stuff.

#3 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 2 2015 - 4:49 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I believe that was made about 5 years ago by a guy who went by ekimmik over on the Antfarm.yuku forum. He made some really nice looking formicariums.

http://antfarm.yuku....=1#.VUVwq3tZLm4

#4 Offline PTAntFan - Posted May 2 2015 - 7:30 PM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

that's right. He and I shared some design chats back then as we were both using those acrylic containers. I still have my silicone mold for pouring the inserts. Funny, I was never able to easily acquire hydro-stone back then and test with it. Maybe I will now.

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#5 Offline hope2eat - Posted May 2 2015 - 9:30 PM

hope2eat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

that's right. He and I shared some design chats back then as we were both using those acrylic containers. I still have my silicone mold for pouring the inserts. Funny, I was never able to easily acquire hydro-stone back then and test with it. Maybe I will now.

Hey if you know how to make it, will you be willing to sell it??^^

#6 Offline PTAntFan - Posted May 3 2015 - 9:36 AM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

Ekimmik's design was so much more polished than mine, I doubt you'd be interested in where I stopped working on it.  My spare time now is focused on new designs.  I may end up making something similar with a glass vase.  Drew is also working on a pretty sophisticated design with similar viewing capabilities.  FooGoo is also working on something cool.

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#7 Offline PTAntFan - Posted May 3 2015 - 9:45 AM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

This is where I left off: https://ptantfan.wor...sign-continues/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formicarium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users