• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

(yeah I know)...help share/fund my GoFundMe?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Offline dean_k - Posted April 22 2015 - 7:12 PM

dean_k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationWaterown, Ontario, Canada

Never had to use any form of virus/malware scanner in my whole life. But then I don't run cracked games and visit strange websites.

There are only 10 or so sites I visit, some of which are cnn, espn soccer, sky sports, this forum and few other forums. That's it. Unless I am researching something I don't visit any other websites.

Never? Haha.

The main reason I use them is because I work in IT.

Yep, never. Well until Microsoft started to include MSE as default in Windows 8. I am using Win 7 on my main rig though. My NAS runs on 8 which is a 4 bay (2tb x 4 + a SDD for OS) rig to store movies, music, documentaries, and so on.

I used to have a full (24U, I believe) rack of 2U crunching rigs (For WCG, World Community Grid) about 10 years ago before I decided it wasn't really helping anyone other than earning points for ego boosts.

Edited by dean_k, April 22 2015 - 7:14 PM.

#22 Offline LAnt - Posted April 22 2015 - 7:22 PM

LAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles
I recently bought a radeon HD 6850 on Craigslist used and it's working out great! Best part is I only spent 20 bucks. (The asking price was 40) eBay has good deals too.

#23 Offline Chromerust - Posted April 22 2015 - 8:09 PM

Chromerust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Locationsouthern California
Here's what you should do. Run ccleaner. Then spybot. After that go to pcpitstop.com and test your pc. It will tell you everything that's wrong. These are all tried and true utilities.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users