• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

In need of pictures of ants!

ants photography

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 10 2020 - 5:04 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

AntsDakota(the website, not the formicarium member) is in the middle of creating an ant wiki, and is in need of pictures of ant genus's starting with the letter A. Because of copyrighted material, and pictures will be helpful. We will include your formiculture name as a credit. Thanks!

• TennesseeAnts, Antennal_Scrobe and Froggy like this

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

My South Dakotan Shop Here

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#2 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 10 2020 - 5:13 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Here are the genus's we need: Anochetus, Anoplolpis, Acromyrmex, Aphaeongaster, and Atta.

Edited by Ants_Dakota, June 10 2020 - 5:14 PM.

Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest. -Proverbs 6: 6-8

Attention Ant-Keepers in South Dakota! Join the SoDak(Society Of Dakotan Ant Keepers)

#3 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted June 10 2020 - 5:20 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Here are the genus's we need: Anochetus, Anoplolpis, Acromyrmex, Aphaeongaster, and Atta.

I'll try to grab some pics of my Aphaenogaster rudis and A. tennesseensis.
  • Ants_Dakota likes this

#4 Offline AntsExodus - Posted June 10 2020 - 7:06 PM

AntsExodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

I have Anochtus pictures cause I was lucky to keep a colony of them! (Gerogia Tech has them now btw)

• AntsDakota and Ants_Dakota like this

#5 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 11 2020 - 1:15 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Thanks everyone! This will save a lot of time searching for non copy written ant pictures!

• AntsDakota likes this

#6 Offline gcsnelling - Posted June 11 2020 - 3:18 PM

gcsnelling

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Why recreate the wheel?

• AntsBC likes this

#7 Offline ponerinecat - Posted June 11 2020 - 3:32 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Ah yes formicarium member. We are all atoms of plaster in this formicarium.

#8 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 12 2020 - 1:00 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

First, it allows us(me and AntsDakota and everyone else who is helping) to learn more about ants personally. Second, it is easier to read than ant wiki, although if you prefer antwiki, go ahead and read it instead. We are also going to have pictures of all of the ants, which antwiki does not have.

• Froggy likes this

#9 Offline ArmyAntz - Posted June 12 2020 - 1:57 PM

ArmyAntz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Surely you aren't planning on including all the species that AntWiki has

#10 Offline Ants_Dakota - Posted June 12 2020 - 2:24 PM

Ants_Dakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

well, we are starting with the basic ones, which number 216. than we will expand once the website has gone online.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ants, photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users