Hello! Any help would be appreciated!
1. Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA
2. June 2, 2020
1. Location: Fairfield County, Connecticut, USA
2. Date of collection: Caught on March 28, 2020
3. Surrounding landscape: Forested area
4. Size: around 5mm
5. Coloration/texture: Dark redish-brown/black, translucent, Some hairs, shiny gaster.
6. Physical description: Two petiole nodes, slightly larger head, average size eyes, orange colored mandibles, a spike just above her two nodes, club-like antenae
7. Observed behavior: REALLY enjoys digging in the cotton of her test tube!
8. Nests: No nests for reference
9. Nuptial flight time: 2:00 PM, no other nuptial flights were visible, the queen was caught under a stone
10 Picture: (below)
2020-06-02.jpeg 20.96KB 1 downloads
Sorry for the blurry photo, unfortunately that is the best I can do