• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Keeping a gecko with ants

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Offline BugFinder - Posted May 14 2020 - 9:41 AM

BugFinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSunnyvale, CA

I've only seen a blind snake once in person and that was in this pot of Dragon fruit I was growing. There was this tetramorium colony and I wanted to watch their progress so I could know when they were flying. Well, this blind snake kept their population down enough that they didn't even produce alates! Like, they still had enough workers to stay alive and function but this snake was wise enough not to eat all of it and to only eat a certain amount. I found it occasionally on the surface for a few seconds with ants swarming the heck out of it, but just kept doing what it was doing and the ants did nothing to it. I was Amazing! We named the snake the Conqueror of the Dragons! (which we named the colony the dragons because they lived in my Dragonfruit pot)

very cool, thanks for sharing that.

• VenomousBeast likes this
“If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.”  ― Matshona Dhliwayo

My Journals:

Pogonomyrmex subdentatus

Camponotus Vicinus

Camponotus sansabeanus

Tetramorium (sp)

Pogonomyrmex Californicus

My Ant Goals!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users