• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Crystal's Aphaenogaster occidentalis Journal

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Crystals - Posted February 26 2016 - 6:46 PM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts
  • LocationAthabasca, AB (Canada)

This colony was taken out of hibernation on Feb. 3.

The overwintered brood are developing quickly and it looks like some are starting to pupate.

If these gals are determined enough, they can chew through silicone given enough time.  So I found out yesterday while I was trying to figure out how the odd worker was escaping.

This colony has been listed for sale, and has been sold. Once the weather is cooperating they will be shipped.  I will let the new owner know of this journal and if he chooses to update it then I will change the title.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

List of Handy Links   (pinned in the General section)

My Colonies

#22 Offline Crystals - Posted April 22 2016 - 7:32 AM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

This colony has been sold.

Hopefully the buyer will post updates occasionally.

"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astound the rest." -- Samuel Clemens

My Colonies

#23 Offline dspdrew - Posted April 22 2016 - 10:19 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

How come you sold these?

• LC3 likes this

#24 Offline Crystals - Posted April 22 2016 - 12:26 PM

Crystals

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,048 posts

Partially a lack of time and space since my colonies are growing so fast.

Partly because life throws curve balls and I suddenly have to rehome most of my colonies and supplies that were previously for sale.

They have far too many tricks hidden up their sleeves when it comes to draining waterers.  I may have beat most of their, but it gets tiring after a while.  If I can only keep a few colonies, then it will be ones that I really like, such as my Camponotus novaeboracensis and Formica.

My Colonies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users