• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Documentary on eciton burchelli

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Manitobant - Posted January 14 2020 - 2:43 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Here is a cool doc I found on YT:

Highly recommend it
  • TheMicroPlanet likes this

#2 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted January 14 2020 - 3:10 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

I watched that one a few weeks ago when I was bored. Very interesting. They did a follow-up documentary as well on the insects that share relations with Ection burchellii.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#3 Offline FSTP - Posted January 14 2020 - 3:19 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

Yeah that's a good one, I can't belive that guy just sticks his hand in the Bivouac 

• TheMicroPlanet likes this

#4 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted January 14 2020 - 3:24 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

Yeah that's a good one, I can't belive that guy just sticks his hand in the Bivouac 

Ikr? I would think that would be painful. I mean, they don't have the most painful sting, but it's still a 1.5 and there are a lot of them...

• TennesseeAnts and TheMicroPlanet like this

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#5 Offline TheMicroPlanet - Posted January 14 2020 - 3:24 PM

TheMicroPlanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationNew York, United States

The almost unchallenged organization and efficiency of these ants is so incomprehensibly amazing. We have many lessons to learn from them.

That part made my heart race...

#6 Offline TheMicroPlanet - Posted January 14 2020 - 3:28 PM

TheMicroPlanet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • LocationNew York, United States

"The sounds you hear are the actual sounds of the ants running on and attacking our microphone."  :lol:

• Ferox_Formicae and Manitobant like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users