• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

looking for fl leafcutters

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline liamsantics - Posted June 13 2023 - 10:41 AM

liamsantics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationnorth palm beach, FL

I'm lloking for a florida native leafcutter ant queen. anyone got one or knows someone with one?

#2 Offline Flu1d - Posted June 13 2023 - 4:22 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis fly during the late morning, around 9-11 AM I believe and you can catch Cyphomyrmex rimosus in the morning (I know that this doesn't help you buy them, but this is just in case you are having trouble buying them)

The Cyphomyrmex, I believe, will come to blacklights if I remember right.. I recommend setting up at like 0400 or 0430 in the morning for Cypho, should catch them easy. I do not remember what you need for them to make their fungus, though.. I feel like it's frass but I forget.

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted June 14 2023 - 12:37 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
In addition to the species you mentioned there is also mycetomoellerius jamaicensis, although you need to go to the keys to find them.

#4 Offline Flu1d - Posted June 14 2023 - 3:08 PM

Flu1d

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationPensacola, Florida

In addition to the species you mentioned there is also mycetomoellerius jamaicensis, although you need to go to the keys to find them.

Yeah I unfortunately lump these in with "Cephalotes" as ants I would enjoy but will probably never be able to find :(

#5 Offline liamsantics - Posted June 14 2023 - 3:18 PM

liamsantics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationnorth palm beach, FL

thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users