• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ferox Formicae's Ant Drawing Prints (Now Accepting Commissions!)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted October 31 2019 - 6:58 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

These are amazing, however a bit overpriced. No offense.

I'll lower the price a bit.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#22 Offline AntsDakota - Posted November 1 2019 - 3:34 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

These are amazing

I agree. At first I thought these were the product of some app, and then I found that they were drawn.....  :o

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#23 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 1 2019 - 3:46 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

These are amazing

I agree. At first I thought these were the product of some app, and then I found that they were drawn.....  :o

Well thanks! I work pretty hard on them.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#24 Offline ponerinecat - Posted November 1 2019 - 7:43 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

I mean, you did trace them....(no offense intended)

#25 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 2 2019 - 2:54 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Yes I did, but tracing the outline was the only was to get all features perfect and accurate.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#26 Offline Da_NewAntOnTheBlock - Posted November 2 2019 - 2:59 PM

Da_NewAntOnTheBlock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationIllinois
Well, here's to doing manual labor! Cheers!

There is a important time for everything, important place for everyone, an important person for everybody, and an important ant for each and every ant keeper and myrmecologist alike

#27 Offline ponerinecat - Posted November 2 2019 - 3:16 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Yes I did, but tracing the outline was the only was to get all features perfect and accurate.

I know. The hairs and nodes are near impossible freehanded. Unless you're Edward Osborne Wilson.

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

#28 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 2 2019 - 5:17 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

I know. The hairs and nodes are near impossible freehanded. Unless you're Edward Osborne Wilson.

Even he uses a special tool that allows him to draw what he sees under his microscope.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#29 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 2 2019 - 6:52 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Finished up Strumigenys superba.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#30 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 2 2019 - 8:49 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Finished up another Strumigenys drawing. This time a more simple species to draw, Strumigenys appretiata.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#31 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 3 2019 - 9:12 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Finished up the long-jawed Strumigenys cordovensis.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#32 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 4 2019 - 10:20 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Strumigenys membranifera has been redone in my new style.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#33 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 4 2019 - 8:51 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Added Strumigenys inusitata, a small species with a very bizarrely modified clypeus.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#34 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 6 2019 - 5:17 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Added Strumigenys godmani, the largest of the Strumigenys species and lowered the prices a bit.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#35 Offline AntJohnny - Posted November 6 2019 - 5:24 PM

AntJohnny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMichigan Lower Pen.
The super major turtle head ants would look cool. I can't remember the scientific name. I could zoom out for some of the pics on my phone so my bad if you already have it. Anyway those are awesome.

#36 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 6 2019 - 6:21 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

The super major turtle head ants would look cool. I can't remember the scientific name. I could zoom out for some of the pics on my phone so my bad if you already have it. Anyway those are awesome.

Turtle Ants, or as they're scientifically referred to as Cephalotes, are certainly some of the coolest out there. I've considered doing some, but at the moment I'm laser focused on Strumigenys for some upcoming projects I'm working on. However, if you would like to commission me to do a species of Cephalotes, I'd be down to do that. Here's a list of all the Cephalotes species if you'd like to commission me; https://www.antweb.o...otes&rank=genus

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#37 Offline AntJohnny - Posted November 6 2019 - 8:05 PM

AntJohnny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationMichigan Lower Pen.
Wow I had no idea there were that many types of that species. Right now with the holidays coming up and 3 of my and my girlfriend's kids having birthdays coming up really soon I won't really have much extra cash. But after that I think I would like one idk what species yet but I will look through them some more.
  • TennesseeAnts and Ferox_Formicae like this

#38 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 10 2019 - 6:18 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Sorry it's been a few days but I finished up another species. This time the South American Strumigenys azteca.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#39 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 11 2019 - 5:00 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Finished up Strumigenys diabola.

Strumigenys diabola is a South American species known for having the longest mandibles of any Strumigenys species.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#40 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted November 12 2019 - 5:02 PM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Finished Strumigenys cacaoensis.

Strumigenys cacaoensis is a large Central American species that can often be found living in arboreal environments such as tree branches and holes within living trees.

Currently Keeping:

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users