• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

What's flying in San Diego?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted August 19 2019 - 9:22 AM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

I'd really like to know some places to go anting and some species to look out for. I've heard that there may be C. Fragilis in my area, so that sparked my attention. If it means sneakily redirecting me to a server ant tracker that I am unaware of, so be it  :D . I just see a lot of SoCal action but not much San Diego ant action, so I'm not sure what to look out for other than billions of argentines and the occasional rover or invicta. 

:>

#2 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted August 21 2019 - 5:16 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

bump

#3 Offline mbullock42086 - Posted August 21 2019 - 5:38 PM

mbullock42086

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

sudden spike in temp triggers C. fragilis and absquatulator flights about this time.  they are the latest flying Camponotus in california

Edited by mbullock42086, August 21 2019 - 5:38 PM.

#4 Offline Solenoqueen - Posted September 7 2019 - 3:06 PM

Solenoqueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

sudden spike in temp triggers C. fragilis and absquatulator flights about this time.  they are the latest flying Camponotus in california

I have yet to find them, lol. The temperature has spiked recently though.

Anything else flying here? Setting out tomorrow.

#5 Offline Manitobant - Posted September 7 2019 - 6:11 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Solenopsis xyloni, the native relative of solenopsis invicta, should be flying like always.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users