• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ant ID still has wings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TrialFire - Posted July 7 2019 - 12:24 PM

TrialFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello, my second one ever caught, am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for your kindness and help!

Still has wings, is it a Queen?

https://imgur.com/a/bt80V8L

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted July 7 2019 - 2:24 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
I think that’s a wasp, but keep looking! I find looking under stones yields lots of queens.

#3 Offline Zeiss - Posted July 7 2019 - 3:23 PM

Zeiss

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationFountain Valley

Hello, my second one ever caught, am I on the right track? Thanks in advance for your kindness and help!

Still has wings, is it a Queen?

https://imgur.com/a/bt80V8L

Follow proper ID request formatting as obviously put at the top of the request thread.  It isn't hard to read around a bit before you post.

• dermy and TennesseeAnts like this

#4 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 8 2019 - 3:00 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

I think that’s a wasp, but keep looking! I find looking under stones yields lots of queens.

I've never found a queen while flipping over stones or other objects which queens will probably nest under just as much as stones.

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users