• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Dspdrew's Formica moki Journal [68] (Discontinued)

formica moki dspdrew journal

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Offline AntsCalifornia - Posted December 19 2017 - 3:13 PM

AntsCalifornia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 247 posts

He catches the queens and raises them up, read the whole forum if you have a question before asking.

#42 Online YsTheAnt - Posted December 20 2017 - 10:51 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
I meant the colony he found under the log. Notice how I said found the small colony, not the queen. I read the whole journal three times through while researching formica care 🙂. To specify, I meant how he collected them, as in did he use an aspirator or something else because aspirators are supposedly not safe for formic acid sprayers, and wanted to know how to collect them if I happen to find them.

Edited by YsTheAnt, December 20 2017 - 10:54 PM.

• Canadian anter likes this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#43 Offline dspdrew - Posted December 21 2017 - 4:35 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I meant the colony he found under the log. Notice how I said found the small colony, not the queen. I read the whole journal three times through while researching formica care . To specify, I meant how he collected them, as in did he use an aspirator or something else because aspirators are supposedly not safe for formic acid sprayers, and wanted to know how to collect them if I happen to find them.

I think I just scooped up as many as I could and put them in a jar with fluon. I think I might have used my aspirator as well. The formic acid isn't always that bad.

#44 Online YsTheAnt - Posted December 22 2017 - 6:04 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Ok, thanks!

Instagram          Journal           Shop

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: formica moki, dspdrew, journal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users