1. Singapore, Southeast Asia, Indo-pacific Region
2. Date of collection: November 2018
3. Habitat of collection:
Queen found in residential area; lightly forrested
4. Length: Queen ~1cm, minor worker ~5mm, major worker ~7mm
light-reddish brown thorax,
darker brown head and abdomen.
Transparent gaster when full with 4 dark bands across abdomen, 1 at the thorax, 2 bands in the middle, 1 at the tip.
All black, shiny
6. Distinguishing characteristics:
Shows signs of polymorphism.
No sign of stingers.
Possible use of formic acid.
7. Distinguishing behavior:
No distiguishing odor
8. Nest description:
9. Nuptial flight time and date:
Caught queen in November 2018
Spotted queens in March/April 2019
Possible year-round nuptial flight?
[Images of ant]
Edited by Yaformicaboi, April 4 2019 - 2:22 AM.