• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Southern CA Ant Adoption (LA/OC)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted March 18 2019 - 9:19 PM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationOrange County, previously West Los Angeles

Hi guys,

Trying to get rid of almost all of my colonies. Just don't have time anymore to care for all of them like I would. They're all great, strong colonies.

No shipping. Buyers must live in CA and be within 100 miles of Los Angeles/Orange County CA (and also willing to drive to LA County/Orange County) to be eligible to purchase.

All colonies are native to CA. Please have your location in your profile.

PRIVATE MESSAGE ME TO ORDER.  Or PM me if you want photos.

Established colonies currently available (all colonies have eggs, brood in addition to workers):

• Camponotus clarithorax, Small, 2 queen and 40+ workers, custom setup, no refrigerator hibernation, $60 
  • Camponotus quercicola, Large, 1 queen and 30+ workers, custom setup, no refrigerator hibernation, $100
  • Camponotus sansabeanus, Large, 1 queen and 300+ workers (incl. large majors), custom setup, no refrigerator hibernation, $160 - On Hold
  • Camponotus semitestaceus, Med-Large, 1 queen and 100+ workers, custom setup, no refrigerator hibernation, $100
  • Camponotus us-ca02, Very Large, 1 queen and 40+ workers, custom setup, no refrigerator hibernation, $80 each (3 available)

Single queens currently available:

• None  :(

te1eSeq.jpg

Edited by WestLA_DO, June 10 2021 - 9:00 AM.

#2 Offline Rstheant - Posted March 19 2019 - 1:29 PM

Rstheant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
People must have caught a LOT of salsabeans....

#3 Offline anttics - Posted March 19 2019 - 9:27 PM

anttics

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
Yeap i caught 2 Only. tuck away already. Everyone who went to channey got 100 minimun. Unfortunately those salsabeams need hibernation. Mine were caught in a warmer lower place. Non hibermating salsabeans. Not for sale. I might be tempted to buy these hibernating ones for comparison. WestLA is close to hollywood. I might get me a pair. one of these days. Ill message you.

#4 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted March 20 2019 - 12:16 PM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Yeap i caught 2 Only. tuck away already. Everyone who went to channey got 100 minimun. Unfortunately those salsabeams need hibernation. Mine were caught in a warmer lower place. Non hibermating salsabeans. Not for sale. I might be tempted to buy these hibernating ones for comparison. WestLA is close to hollywood. I might get me a pair. one of these days. Ill message you.

I actually got a sansabeanus colony from Drew last year and I think they’re from Chaney. I didn’t put them in the refrigerator to hibernate, just took the heat off of them, and let them have a cooler period in my room. They’ve already taken themselves out of hibernation so to speak and rearing to go, lots of eggs and brood. Just FYI

#5 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted June 15 2019 - 9:25 PM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Now available:

• Camponotus sansabeanus
  • Queen and 1-5 workers
  • Test tube
  • Price: $40

See original post.

#6 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted May 19 2021 - 3:42 PM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Hi all, trying to get rid of almost all of my colonies. Just don't have time anymore to care for all of them like I would. They're all great, strong colonies. Check my first post at the top ^^

Please DM me with any inquiries. Please have your location in your profile. Thanks!  :) 

#7 Offline Regdog26 - Posted June 2 2021 - 8:47 PM

Regdog26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Do you still have Myrmecocystus mexicanus

#8 Offline WestLA_DO - Posted June 10 2021 - 8:59 AM

WestLA_DO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Sorry for the late response. The M. mexicanus has been sold. Updated listing.

#9 Offline CAantz - Posted January 19 2023 - 1:55 PM

CAantz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Are there any still for sale?

#10 Offline ZTYguy - Posted January 20 2023 - 4:06 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

Are there any still for sale?

This is from 2021. Unlikely there is anything available. Give it a month and I’ll have some lovely Camponotus in my shop.

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users