I caught this queen on the Fourth of July. I found her under a slab of stone, sharing a claustral chamber with a second Tetramorium immigrans dealate. One escaped into the leaf litter, but I caught the second.
A few weeks later her brood pile consisted of mostly larvae and a few eggs. At this point, I left for vacation. Five weeks later, when I got back, she had a decent brood pile and three callow workers.
The next few weeks, nothing big happened. Then a few days ago while looking under stones for dealates, I found a Tetramorium brood room. I decided to collect some to brood boost my colony, which was now at about 8 workers. They were quick at carting away the brood, but I managed to get a dozen or so pupae and a few larvae. My colony accepted them instantly without a second thought. I think the addition of larger, healthier workers to the colony (as nanitics are generally smaller and weaker than standard workers) will help the colony greatly.
Now that brings us to today. I decided to give them an outworld since placing food directly into the test tube causes unnecessary stress to the queen. I took an AC outworld that came with my Tetramorium Hybrid Nest (which is what I'm planning on moving them into once they reach an ample size) and poured a thin layer of sand on the bottom. I sprinkled a few small pumice stones here and there. I then placed an old condiment container lid in the sand to serve as a flat surface to place food on. On it, I placed a small byFormica Galileo Liquid Feeder filled with sugar water, a crushed cricket, and a crumbled up fish flake. I then removed the cotton from the entrance of their test tube and placed it in the sand with the entrance facing the food. I then placed the whole setup in a cabinet. I will check on them in a couple of days.
Edited by Mettcollsuss, February 13 2018 - 4:46 PM.