• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

Multi-Queen Tetramorium caespitum colony Journal (experiment)

multiqueen t.c. tetramorium caespitum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline T.C. - Posted August 12 2017 - 2:44 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
In the midle of July I caught around 20 Tetramorium caespitum queens. I put around 10ish, of them all together. Today they got their first Nanitics so I figured it was time to document the upcoming results.

The bad pictures can be blamed on the tube. I can barely see through it with a naked aye. However better quality will come when I put the girls in their new nest.

Lots of eggs, and larva in these photos. So far so well.

#2 Offline antking117 - Posted August 12 2017 - 9:13 PM

antking117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationOmaha, Nebraska, USA

You are going to run out of water fast, very cool though.

Spoiler

#3 Offline T.C. - Posted August 12 2017 - 9:31 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

You are going to run out of water fast, very cool though.

There being moved into a nest in a week or so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: multiqueen, t.c., tetramorium caespitum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users