• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Eastern Oregon, 6/29/18

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline JJHunter - Posted June 30 2018 - 8:57 AM

JJHunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Location of collection - Eastern Oregon, Found on a path separating a field from a school playground.

Date of collection - June 21, 2018.

Habitat of collection - Pathway, separating a field from a school park.

Lenght - 5mm.

Coloration, hue, pattern, and texture - Mostly all black, with light brown stripes starting on the gaster section.

Distinguishing characteristics - I think that she has two petiole nodes, but I'm not sure.

Anything else distinctive - Whenever she is exposed to light she runs back to her eggs and huddles around them.

Nest description - Could not find a nest.

Nuptial flight time and date - Did not see her or her colony have a nuptial flight.

Photos - Sorry for the bad image quality, I only had access to my iPhone.  Here they are: FvnN6u0

sfbm6JP.jpg

FvnN6u0

IMG_2154%20(1).jpgFvnN6u0S3tIxMY.jpgS3tIxMY.jpg

#2 Offline AntsBC - Posted June 30 2018 - 9:10 AM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Tetramorium Immigrans.

My Active Journals: