• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Studio's Solenopsis invicta VIDEO journal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Studio - Posted June 11 2018 - 1:23 PM

Studio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

I thought I'd do something a little different and document the entire process through video. I haven't seen too many HD journal videos for fire ants so I thought I'd contribute. No one here loves fire ants because they are an invasive pest that leaves no room for any of our native species to flourish. They also have a nasty reputation for their painful stings that cause allergic reactions. I didn't want to keep fire ants again because of obvious reasons, but I noticed that a lot of members here who don't have them in their area seem to be particularly fond and fascinated with this species. That's why I decided to put a video series together. Hope you guys like it!

I apologize for the shaky camera movement. I don't have a very good macro lens so I constantly have to focus the lens and move the tubes or it'll easily become blurry. Let me know if there's anything I can improve on!

Edited by Studio, June 11 2018 - 1:45 PM.

• T.C., Enderz, Gabraime and 3 others like this

#2 Offline Gabraime - Posted June 11 2018 - 10:41 PM

Gabraime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
Hey I love fire ants, actually I want an invicta queen! But I don't know if invicta species is here in San Diego, but I have 15 xyloni queens very similar to invicta. Nice video, please update your queens I will be around.

#3 Offline AntsBC - Posted June 30 2018 - 5:09 PM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Great video. I really enjoyed the narration.

My Active Journals:

Formica pacifica

Formica planipilis (Parasitic sp.)

Instagram // YouTube 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users