1. Location of collection: By the road of a pine & cypress forested recreational zone in immediate vicinity of sea. Some fig trees as well.
2. Date of collection: 30th May 2018.
3. Habitat of collection: Pine forest on sea coast, oriented South, cliffy
4. Length : cca 10mm
5. Coloration, hue, pattern and texture: Black with dark red head, distinguishable under light
6. Distinguishing characteristics : dark red head, red sheen
7. Anything else distinctive: not to my eye.
8. Nest description : n/a.
9 . Post the clearest pictures possible: the test tube is plastic and not very clear. sorry.
I could find no others.
Potentially Camponotus lateralis?