• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Getting Tubing into the Formicarium Easily

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Canadant - Posted May 11 2018 - 4:45 PM

Canadant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Just finished my new outworld. It looks great. Thanks for the tips Tennesseeants!!

The slight problem: I find getting the tubing into the formicarium difficult. I have carpenter ants in an Ants Canada Camponotus Hybrid nest. I have the tubing installed in the outworld already. i just need to make the connection. However, it can be a tight squeeze. Since the tube from the outworld is relatively short, I can't really twist it into the formicarium. I have to kind of stuff it. I've been practicing on an empty formicarium and remember from attaching my last outworld - it's a drag. Plus I don't want any casualties or disrupt the nest too much. 

Any tips on this?  Any are great.

Sincerely,

Canadant

"You don't get what you want. You get what you deserve".

#2 Offline ACaseoftheMondays - Posted May 11 2018 - 6:23 PM

ACaseoftheMondays

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorthern Colorado

Dipping the end of the tube into some warm water for a few seconds might work.

#3 Offline Shifty189 - Posted May 11 2018 - 6:31 PM

Shifty189

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida
Try buying 10mm and 8mm tubing. Cut a small section of 10mm tubing and connect it to your out world. then use the 8mm tube to connect the two different tube sections (out world and nest).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users