• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How do you go about IDing queens?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline IcarusSkybound - Posted May 4 2018 - 9:52 AM

IcarusSkybound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

This is my first ant season and I've been fortunate enough to find multiple species close to my home. It's all rather exciting, but I'm interested in how the more veteran members of this forum go about IDing their own queens and assisting the identification of other people's queens? Are there specific websites that are more reliable and reputable than others? I find a lot of times when I google an ant species I get the same stock images over and over again or pictures that are completely unrelated. Also, how do you know what species are native to you're state/region and which are invasive?

Founding: 

Camponotus Pennsylvanicus x4

Camponotus Chromaiodes x4

Camponotus Nearcticus x9

Camponotus Snellingi x1

Tapinoma Sessile x1

#2 Offline Canadian anter - Posted May 4 2018 - 2:13 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

Honestly that's exactly what I did. All of my ID skills are based on images online I saw prior.

Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users