• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ants California won't accept me on Facebook

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline MarcSquires - Posted February 28 2018 - 4:20 PM

MarcSquires

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA

Hello all,

I saw someone talking about an Ants California FB group, and that on it people coordinated anting trips. I went to their group page, and requested to join, but I'm guessing one of the admins declined my request. Unsure if this was a mistake, I requested again, same result. Is this like a private group or something? It says they been accepting new members, so I don't know why they won't let me in. All I want is to go searching for queens with someone who knows what they're doing :(

#2 Offline StopSpazzing - Posted February 28 2018 - 4:56 PM

StopSpazzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationFullerton, CA

Hello all,

I saw someone talking about an Ants California FB group, and that on it people coordinated anting trips. I went to their group page, and requested to join, but I'm guessing one of the admins declined my request. Unsure if this was a mistake, I requested again, same result. Is this like a private group or something? It says they been accepting new members, so I don't know why they won't let me in. All I want is to go searching for queens with someone who knows what they're doing :(

Have you tried contacting AntsCalifornia on these forums to see if they are the owner? We also have a dedicated forum post for people in SoCal to go anting together, suggest you follow that topic

Edited by StopSpazzing, February 28 2018 - 6:56 PM.

> Ant Keeping Wiki is back up! Currently being migrated from old wiki. :)Looking to adopt out: Crematogaster sp. (Acrobat Ants) colonies

#3 Offline MarcSquires - Posted February 28 2018 - 5:54 PM

MarcSquires

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hello all,

Have you tried contacting AntsCalifornia on there forums to see if they are the owner? We also have a dedicated forum post for people in SoCal to go anting together, suggest you follow that topic

No, I didn't even know they had a forum to be honest. I will also definitely follow that topic. Thanks a million!

#4 Offline dspdrew - Posted February 28 2018 - 10:55 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

They don't have a forum, and AntsCalifornia is not the owner of the Facebook group. You can try contacting jeffpbalderston; he is the owner.

• dermy, Martialis, T.C. and 1 other like this

#5 Offline MarcSquires - Posted March 1 2018 - 4:37 PM

MarcSquires

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

They don't have a forum, and AntsCalifornia is not the owner of the Facebook group. You can try contacting jeffpbalderston; he is the owner.

Okay thanks!

#6 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 3 2018 - 10:59 AM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA

Okay thanks!

I can PM you his email if you need it

#7 Offline MarcSquires - Posted March 4 2018 - 8:35 AM

MarcSquires

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Okay thanks!

I can PM you his email if you need it

That would be great. Thanks

#8 Offline dspdrew - Posted March 4 2018 - 10:22 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Okay thanks!

I talked to him and he said maybe it was because your profile didn't show anything? I don't know. He said try again, and if he sees it he will accept you. He's not the only admin though.

#9 Offline MarcSquires - Posted March 8 2018 - 4:24 PM

MarcSquires

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Okay thanks!

I talked to him and he said maybe it was because your profile didn't show anything? I don't know. He said try again, and if he sees it he will accept you. He's not the only admin though.

Okay. Thanks Again  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users