• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Near Death Ant Colony Good News

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntPhycho - Posted January 20 2018 - 9:28 PM

AntPhycho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Hey guys, as most of you know, my Solenopsis Invicta colony almost died in one night from what I suspect dehydration. Only few survived, the queen, one worker, and a pile of brood. A few hours ago I filled a tall rubbermaid container with nice moist soil and moved what was left of my colony in, after two hours the queen was already out and exploring. In another hour I saw the queen taking brood some were, I closely followed her as she vanished into a hole just located under the new water test tube I placed earlier, she didn't move into the water test tube but under it. That especially interested me, she chose the dirt instead of the test tube? I guess she was finally ready to dig, I mean I did neglect her of soil for her whole life, so I can understand. I just hope those brood hatch into healthy workers. I am very hopeful my colony will progress and become the massive colony I have always wanted them to become.  ;)

Founding (for myself):                                                                                       My Shop

Solenopsis invicta experiments...                                                                     California

Ants & Formicaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users