• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Matt's Myrmecia brevinoda thread

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Offline Mathiacus - Posted January 22 2015 - 5:56 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

what is happening! they have over 20 new female alates. all is going well, there is food and they seem settled then BAM! they have killed their 5 legged queen! they are ripping her apart as I write this. there is also an ant scrum going on. it is full on war inside the colony! :(

#22 Offline benjiwuf - Posted January 22 2015 - 7:22 PM

benjiwuf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • LocationGroßröhrsdorf Germany

jerry! jerry! jerry! you should film it. it would be nice to see it!

#23 Offline Mathiacus - Posted January 23 2015 - 8:35 AM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia
I did 😡

#24 Offline Oz Ant - Posted February 2 2015 - 12:56 AM

Oz Ant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

I've found they tend to fight when re-homed, like trying to re-establish their roles and pecking order

#25 Offline Mathiacus - Posted March 20 2015 - 10:57 PM

Mathiacus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

these colonies are still going strong, yellow bree is still alive. I have been experimenting with captive breeding but still no luck.

#26 Offline JackPearl - Posted July 25 2018 - 7:38 PM

JackPearl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hey, so I’ve seen your youtube before, and I caught myself a M.brevinoda queen about 3 or so months ago. She currently has about 6 larvae and seems to be going well, but I was hoping you’d have any advice about what foods they like? And how much time did development take for you during summer?

Edited by JackPearl, July 25 2018 - 7:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users