• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Crematogaster semi-clausteral?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline ZohMyGod - Posted September 21 2017 - 9:13 AM

ZohMyGod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
So, I've just took a look into my setup and saw the queen strolling about. She checked the honey drops I've gave her but didn't drink from it.
uwJDeVe.jpg

Are there semi clausteral Crematogaster species?
It seems like the first worker have no interest in visiting the outworld, she doesnt leave the pupae side at all.

Is it normal for the queen to leave the test tube if she's fully clausteral? (Btw that's a dead spider in the middle)

EDIT: now the worker and the queen make quick visits to the honey - but I'm not sure if they drank any

Edited by ZohMyGod, September 21 2017 - 9:25 AM.

#2 Offline ultraex2 - Posted September 21 2017 - 11:18 AM

ultraex2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

I don't believe there are any semi-claustral Crematogaster.  In smaller colonies and as long as it thinks the outworld is safe, queens will sometimes go into the outworld and drink/eat from food sources directly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users