• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My Queen and I have

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline lucas3431 - Posted September 1 2017 - 10:45 AM

lucas3431

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationIreland/Dublin

Just went through hell the past hour.

I'm in the middle of transfering my queen from one test-tube to another since yesterday, today I took a peek with a magnifying glass, she was not her normal self, she seemed stressed constantly cleaning herself also the brood are scattered, as she was moving around I noticed a small piece of cotton wool following her around.....no no no.

So yeah I had to get a long tweezers in the tube and remove it from her...I got it....pheeeew.

Ok lets check her with the magnifying glass again.........wait....she's still acting stressed....wait why is that larvae following her....s*%$ there's still a tiny bit of cotton stuck in her jaws and now stuck on the larvae  :panic:.

Ok let's take her out, in again with the tweezers, I managed to make her climb onto it, slide tweezers out slow with queen on top also keeping in mind not to kill any brood....got her, place queen onto solid wood, follow her with the magnifying glass and a tiny pin....GOT IT!!! oh wait now the queen can't move ermmmm  :thinking:  I didn't think this far ahead...hold on...she's free :yahoo: .

Now if you don't mind I need a strong drink after that panic, my hands are shaking after that delicate surgery. 

She is now rearranging her brood and back to been a normal mother.

PS, I'm never using cotton wool again.

• Spamdy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users